Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

January YJOTM - Vote Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

January YJOTM - Vote Now

3K views 50 replies 23 participants last post by  boduke5051 
#1 ·
Morning everybody!!!! I apologize for the delay in getting the contest up and running this month, it's been really hectic the last few weeks!!! One of the kiddo's started college, (THAT was a fun road trip in the snow....), several beginning of the year projects at work, you know how it goes, lol!!!

Anyway, with no further ado.......here are your entrants to the YJOTM for January 2017!!!!

Also posted is some updates to the procedures for YJOTM going forward. Again I would like to apologize if any of them are an inconvenience, but at the current time, I've just got too much on my plate to continue running it as I was before.

2017 NOTICE:
Heads up guys, going forward, there are going to be a couple of changes in how I am able to administer the contest.

1) Due to time constraints, I will be unable to correct your entries in the future. What you send me is what will be posted. The posting requirements/instructions have been posted up at the beginning of each and every YJOTM thread that I've put up. And they will continue to be posted. Anyone who chooses not to read or follow the instructions, I apologize but I will not have the time going forward to go back in and correct your entry so that the pictures will work.

Detailed instructions are below, but in short, I need your tags from a Photobucket account in order to make your photo's click free. I understand that there are many photosharing sites available, but Photobucket is one of the few that happens to work on the PC that I run the contest from.

2) This year, the winning entry for the YJOM each month will go into the YJOTY contest unchanged, and unmodified. As I got to discussing the issue, and thinking about it, I realized that it is unfair to the winners from late in the year (November, December, ect…) if the guys from the beginning of the year have had an additional several months to update/upgrade their rig.

I apologize if these changes are an inconvenience to anyone, but I am currently working 2 jobs just to stay afloat, I simply do not have a lot of time to go back and do extra work to make these entries appear flawlessly when the instructions have already been posted.

[/B]

[B]Here are the rules for yjotm:

[/B]
[B]To enter into the Yj of the Month contest[/B], you must adhere to a certain set of guidelines. These are set up to keep the contest within a reasonable format and provide the voters with a certain ease of use. Applicants must have 50 technical post and had been a member since the last calendar month respectively. Entries should follow this formatting:

-Username
-YJ year of production
-Specifications and modifications
-Brief history of your jeep and how it came to be. (optional)
-Up to four pictures [IMG] tags embedded onto entry

Here is a link to a thread on how to post picures on JeepForum:
[URL]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/tech-talk-image-hosting-posting-1517206/[/URL]

~Do not enter a bunch if fancy formatting like bolding or italics or size changes. We wanna see content, not how well you know your way around a keyboard. Do not post collages. Four pictures means 4 individual pictures of your rig.~
Winners of the contest cannot enter again for an entire calendar year but everyone is welcome to enter every month. [B]All entries should be sent to me via PM.
[/B]

[B]To vote on the contest, the rules are as follows:
[/B]All nonsupporting members must post when you vote or it will not be counted. Paid members do not have to post when voting.

No soliciting votes from within JF or outside JF

No promotion within this thread will be permitted via more pictures or descriptions. We have PMs please use them

All voters will remain public as to promote self moderation

[B]Self votes are not permitted, and will not be tolerated. Any entrants voting for their own rig will be immediately disqualified.[/B]

As always the winner will receive a 1 year paid member status here on Jeepforum as well as a substantial gift card from Metalcloak! Not to mention being in our YJ calendar!
At this time, the $200 additional prize from Quadratec is continuing on a month by month basis.

[B]If there are any more questions feel free to post in this thread or PM me with any concerns or suggestions

Good luck to all!!!
[/B]

See less See more
#2 ·
Cmanjr
4.0L, AX-15, NP231, 3.5" RC lift, 31" BFG KO A/T's

Got the jeep back in the beginning of December '15. One of the PO's swapped everything from a 93 4.0 onto it including interior & wiring. I drove it every day up until January 2016 when it broke a valve spring, replaced head gasket & springs & did other basic maintenance, and went back to using it as a DD mostly. I've fixed more things on this jeep than I've done modifications. I pulled the factory plastic flares and steps off to gain access to rust that needs tending to, but all jeeps have rust hiding somewhere, so it wasn't any surprise to me. Recently upgraded the headlights to clear H4 housings for better night visibility. Currently in the process of patching both of my rear frame rails and replacing the rear crossmember, so it's parked in the driveway with the back half on jack stands and an expired inspection sticker.

View attachment 3146506
View attachment 3146514
View attachment 3146522
View attachment 2918410

#3 ·
ThatGuyCollin

1994 YJ
Engine and stuff:
-bored .060"
-HESCO race cam with .470 lift
-Pacesetter header
-flowmaster cat and muffler
-High performance head and valve springs

Exterior:
-4" Skyjacker lift
-2" body lift
-33x12.5 on 15x8 procomps
-super cool stickers
-rugged ridge 8500# winch
-KC Daylighters
(Getting TJ flares)

Interior:
-Corbeau Baja Seats
-Ebay 4pt harness
-Hi-lift mount in back
-Red LED gauge lighting
-bedlined

Misc:
-train horn
-sway bar disconnects
-4.88s non-clip
-Rampage Framless Top

I bought this Jeep as a daily driver about a year and a half ago. It was my first vehicle I ever purchased and I was thrilled. Two weeks later it broke down and this forum is the reason I got it running again. Then I was just fixing it, trading stuff, and doing upgrades as possible. Then about 3 months ago the engine blew up on me. So instead of doing a normal 4.0 or 350 swap, I built the 2.5l with performance upgrades. The little thing is a powerhouse. It makes plenty of torque for offroad use and holds 75mph on the highway. This has been a major learning experience for me and a lot of empty pockets.

This is how I brought it home:http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...pslrhoyfq7.png

How it is currently:
http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...pscxhpc6vs.jpg
http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...psqn78qhbt.jpg
http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4z0j7srj.jpg

#4 ·
Caboose89

1989 Jeep Wrangler Yj Sahara

Drivetrain:
4.2 I6 with new carter carb & HO cylinder head
Electric fuel pump
Stock 5 speed tranny
NP231 with Advanced adapters SYE
Tom Woods CV drive shaft rear, stock up front.
Custom T-case skid drop

Axles:
4.56 Yukon gears front and rear
Powertrax lock right lockers front and rear
Dana 30 one piece axle swap

Steering:
Rocky-Road High Steer for front Dana 30 with new tie rod, drag link, and front track bar, as well as OME front steering stabilizer

Suspension/Tires & Wheels:
Custom 5.5" SOA lift utilizing stock level leaf springs
Rear M.O.R.E antiwrap bar
12" fox 2.0 IBP shocks in front, 10" fox 2.0 IBP shocks in rear.
Custom Sway-Bar disconnects with quick pins
35x12.50R15 GoodYear MTRK's
15x10 Fuel Revolvers

Exterior:
Smittybilt XRC front and rear tube fenders with corner armor.
Smittybilt XRC front stinger with winch plate
Smittybilt X2.0 8,000 lb synthetic winch
Smittybilt XRC rocker guards
Custom Midnight black paint

Interior:
Corbeau Moab seats with Safari bench in the rear.
Custom 1500W Rockford T1 sound system with 12" Sub.

History:
Got it as my first vehicle bone stock at the age of 16. Knew absolutely nothing about mechanics and slowly began to teach myself with help of my father and grandfather. Two years after I got the Jeep it went through a bad accident involving a telephone pole that resulted in my battery getting shoved through the firewall. From there I decided to do a complete frame off rebuild, replacing the original body with one from a 95 wrangler, as well as other bits and pieces from several other jeeps. With the frame off I decided to build her the way I wanted it, and have slowly been improving upon her for the last three years.

Whats next:
Just picked up half doors, and a cj7 tailgate that are ready for me to paint once the weather warms up.
Will be fabbing up a cage and a rear swing out tire carrier
Next big mod will be a Teralow 4:1 or NP231/300 doubler.

[/QUOTE]

#5 ·
Hoxie
This is a 1987 YJ I picked up a while back from a buddy of mine. As for most of us, this is my stress relief after a weeks work. Whether its cleaning, fixing, wheeling, or even taking it out for a date night. Its been a slow build but has a bright future. I mainly drive it on my days off and hit trails whenever possible. While she doesn't have anything fancy, I can say I've done everything myself. :thumbsup:

Whats currently on it.
Engine - V8,5.9 360 out of a 1999 Dodge Durango (Factory was 4.2 I6)
Exhaust - blockhugger headers and 3" piping with magna flow muffler.
Intake - Cheep Orileys cone with a ZJ housing.
Lift - 4" RC lift and 5 1/2" Boom shackles for a 3/4" lift from Besrk.
Tires -35x13.50xR15 Toyo MT's
Transmission - AX-15 (was the BA 10/5).
Bumpers - Genright boulder series bumper with trail stinger - No idea whats on the back... its not stock tho and I don't like it. lol
Gears- 410's waiting to be installed.

Interior -
-Besttop seats with Smittybilt GEAR covers.
-Posi Lock
-MotionTek side nets (Ill be ordering full set)
-Family roll bar (had the sport to start with).
-Cobra 29 LX CB with fire stick antenna.
-Hurculinered the tub
-Rugged ridge cup holders (great purchase!)
-Smittybilt center console
-Tuffy rear lockbox
-OTRATW switches
-VDP sound bar
-Polk Audio dash speakers

Other Junk-
-Cut up TJ flares.
-Hurculinered wheel wells.
-Poison Spyder Hood louver.
-50 Lightbar with RC mounts.
-Smittybilt soft top
-48" Highlift Jack
-LED tail lights.
-Cut rear wheel wells to a TJ opening.

Whats to come in the near future.
-Cloaks along with some body armor.
-Rear Tire rack/swing.
-Ford 8.8 with disks and 4.10 gearing.

As she sits now.

Little flexin

At the end of my V8 swap

Family wheelin after the swap was complete.

#6 ·
Slowlowford

Year: 1992

Engine: Inter-cooled 4BT with a 6BT turbo. The injection pump is turned up slightly to help with spooling. The exhaust is a 3" side pipe.

Drive train: GM NV4500 with granny low. The t-case is a Ford NP205 clocked and twin sticked.

Axles: HP 30 with Detroit Locker, 4.88 gears, and TJ axle shafts. Will have WJ brakes and cross over steering by the end of the month. The rear is a 8.8 with a Spartan lunchbox and of course 4.88's.

Frame/Body: The frame is a custom 2"x4" 3/16 wall stretched 4". Outside there is full armor and 3/16" boat sides. The fenders are homemade arch style. Inside there is a full cage. I removed the floor to run all the cage tubing under it. The floor is completely bed lined. Everything except the armor was made in my garage.

Suspension: SOA with custom leaf springs. The springs are the same length, but custom weight rating to handle the drive train. The shocks are Procomp.

Tires/Wheels: The wheels are cheap steel 15"x 10". the tires are 35" Cooper STT's.

History: I bought this jeep about 8 years ago as a typical PA rust bucket. I have slowly been building on a budget exactly how I wanted. I have been trying to make is a off-road capable as possible and still be able to drive is safely down the road. My plans next are to build an HP D44 for the front (sitting in my garage). I am still decision mode on the rear. It is also still in the air if it will stay leaf spring or go coil overs. I apologize for the poser pics, but I did not have a trail photos from the latest upgrades.

#7 ·
Kuntryboy816

Year: 1989

Specs: 6cyl 258, Carter carb, Nuttered, Team Rushed, vac and wiring thinned out, TF999 auto trans, SYE & CJ Tatton driveshaft, Posilok CAD mod, 3" lift, 33x12.5x15 Mickey Thompson MTZ P3s, Xenon flat flares, AtoZ Rockers, Cavalier seat upgrade with matching camo covers, custom painted dash w/ LED light conversion, custom DIY snow camo paintjob, Monstalined tub, CJ tailgate conversion, Nissan Pathifinder tire carrier, Tuffy wheel well boxes, Bestop soft doors, .50cal casing gear shift knob

Future mods: 8.8, 4:10 gears, lockers, new springs or SOA >:)

History: I bought my first Jeep almost 6 years ago after a few months of searching. I had always wanted one since before I could drive. I found one in NJ, picked it up on a Saturday, drove it home and was thoroughly ecstatic! Took it to DMV on Monday, failed inspection and on the way home was in an accident with 2 other cars. I was almost certain they were going to total it and I was more than a little heartbroken. Luckily the damage was under book value so I got her back with a few upgrades (those old flares, ugh!!). Over the years it's been fun and frustrating wrenching on her, learning the ins/outs of Wranglers and modding her to be uniquely my own. I love being a Jeep owner! I've met a lot of great people both here on JF and in my local Jeep Clubs (DE Jeep Assoc. and Southern DE Jeep Club). Getting involved has also led me into a few charities (namely Jeeps for Joy) and I love giving back to our community. I try not to beat on her too much since she's my daily driver but she does love getting out there and getting dirty! She's still not quite where I want to be but slowly and surely, she's almost there. The wife, my 2 boys and our dogs love riding in "Daddy's Big Jeep!" The intent is for the boys to inherit the Jeep when they're old enough. Well, enough rambling... on to the pics! :D

Chilling under the bridge
https://www.delawareja.com/forum/gallery/index.php?image/38-under-the-summit-bridge/

Blackbird State Forest
https://www.delawareja.com/forum/gallery/index.php?image/176-poser/

Mall Crawling at it's finest!
https://www.delawareja.com/forum/gallery/index.php?image/198-mall-crawling/

Still my favorite wheeling trip to date... was an awesome day w/ a friend and his daughter who sadly passed away a few months later. She still has the Jeep.
https://www.delawareja.com/forum/gallery/index.php?image/177-pine-barrens-trip/

#11 ·
#16 ·
#23 ·
It would seem so.

To make it a bit easier since I've been busy, and didn't have a chance to give any pre-warning about the pics, we can go ahead and allow the pic submissions this once only.
I think photobucket has gotten so into advertising everything on their site it drops frequently.

#26 ·
I uploaded my pics directly to the forum, so they should be working fine I would think.

I don't like using Photobucket if I don't have to cause it always seems to be spotty with how reliable it is for me.

If y'all need me to I can try re-uploading mine, but they show up just fine for me & seem to show up for some others too. Just let me know.

#30 ·
Kuntryboy816's submission pics

Under the Summit Bridge

Poser shot in Blackbird State Forest

Mall crawling at it's finest

Pine Barrens awesomeness!

@boduke5051 I had to add these to the JF gallery to make them work properly... I guess that'll be my go to from now on.

#41 ·
Voted!

....I also want to hear more about that SxS on trax!! :surprise:
They look like more fun than they are. I have a Kubota SxS on tracks during the winter and it has a top speed of about 6mph with them on.

Reactions: Kuntryboy816
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.