January YJOTM contest. VOTE here meow! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > January YJOTM contest. VOTE here meow!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

View Poll Results: Pick a winner!
AmmitOsiris 4 3.77%
Gage56 10 9.43%
94chb 4 3.77%
LilViper95 35 33.02%
Overhead 12 11.32%
Monty Brewster 2 1.89%
Kgb_m3 5 4.72%
Louie4 18 16.98%
lynskynbnd 3 2.83%
Chris 10 9.43%
Grandboost98 3 2.83%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #1
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

January YJOTM contest. VOTE here meow!

Let's get the year kicked off! First YJOTM of 2014!

Rules HERE. Read them before you vote!

Cheers

Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

AmmitOsiris

Hey everyone IM AmmitOsiris, AKA Jake the snake And this is my 1990 yj that has been dubbed Jack Wagon and the pooch Dutchess

Sorry for the long winded post in advance. I have done majority of the work either by me or with my brothers help. she is and will always be a work in progress, specs: 4.2L L6 with compcam 260h cam with a pacesetter header and flowmaster muffler, sounds like a mini v8 at idle.. Not so much driving... AX15 tranny some 33x12.5x15 goodyear mtrk/k on a 15x8 wheel with 2.5 inches of backspacing Smittybilt xrc bumper special thanks to canman I have a spice colored bikini, windjammer, and duster Gray hardtop Full doors Rustys offroad tierod conversion kit 2.5 ome lift one inch lift shackles, thanks to canman Blue and red paint job. Has an alpine deck with some 300 w max boss amp an xcursion audio 10 and 2 little Boston acoustic dash speakers, that may be blown.. All radio stuff but the actual radio was free. And has a cobra 29 LCD lx cb in it. Kinda reminds of a futuristic radio And has a mile marker 9.5k lb winch on the front, Hi lift is in the garage, as well with other items. Has 2 KC day lighters An advanced adapters sye and Cherokee front shaft cut to fit. I will be adding lights and some other goodies here and there like a custom center console, oh and don't forget the 8.8 and upgrade to 4.10's . My jeep and I have been through a lot, I first came into contact with it 5 years before I actually got it, when I first saw it is when we were buying my mom cats, it was just sitting there and in the middle of 2 foot tall weeds, well fast forward to the year I got my jeep, I had asked the people to keep my 4-h animals there and they agreed and that is when I started getting more interested in it, she was sitting there all stock except for the old d-window steelies and rotten discoverer a/t's all blue and i loved it. Well my parents played this cruel trick on me saying I was getting my dads ranger for my first car.. I was like damn it.. Oh well, so I priced out upgrades for the ranger and then we get to the day of my birthday and we were all happy and my dad gave me the keys to the ranger and he told me to go into the garage.. So I did.. And there in that spot laid the jeep, well I drive it for about a year and my brakes had failed on me and i rear ended a Nissan not going fast( the origin of the red and blue paint scheme btw) but it messed the jeep up royally, well since then I've done a lot of work to it such as suspension work, new tires, better sound system, bumper and winch and top end rebuild of the engine.

Well here she is in all her mental glory

And

Posted next to a cherocar

Unread 01-25-2014, 12:59 AM   #3
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Gage56

1992 YJ 4.0 5speed
CB
Hilift
Kenwood Head Unit
Custom Bi-Xenon Projector Headlights
Custom LED Rock Lights
Custom LED Int Lights
Custom License Plate Mounting
Homebrew RockGuards
4" RC Lift
33/11.50/16 Kumho Road Venture MT KL71
16x8 Moabs Corvette White
OBA
Tj Flairs
Tj Fuel Filler
Led Tails lights
Led Reverse lights
RR Super Sport Seats
Monsta Lined inside tub
Corvette White Paint
Ford 8.8 4:10 waiting to be installed
D30 4:10 Waiting to be installed
SYE & DC Shaft Waiting to be installed

The wife and i had a 1992 YJ in the past it was a great jeep but one mishap on the trail one day took out the motor and that was the end. So we sold it and regretted it ever since

i had a 1994 Bmw 325is that was a great car but just was not what i was looking for and then "Emma" showed up on Craigs List, i found a buyer for the bmw @3800.00 and the next day i went to see her.

The lady selling had her listed for 3500.00 with the bran new lift tires and wheels but after looking over her closely i said im sorry but the best i could offer would be 2400.00 and to my surprise the lady said That's fine so i paid her in cash and was on my way home with my new YJ

Since i got her i took on the task of Rebuilding Ground up including frame, tub, and lots of gutting, cutting, grinding, and welding All was done in the driveway with the most basic of tools and ALOT Of Very Long Days and Nights but still only took about 3weeks to put her all back together. All told She turned out Just the way i wanted and im loving it

I still have a bunch of things i want to get done but it is time i put them off for now and work on them at a later time , I need a Break LOL

The day after i got her home

Current

Unread 01-25-2014, 01:01 AM   #4
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

94CHB

89 wrangler

4.2 carb swapped to 4.0 fuel injected
tf999 automatic swapped to ax-15
d30/35 swapped to waggy d44's
4.88 gears
38.5x16x15 tsl's
stretched 12inches
warn 9500 high speed winch
welded front and rear.
Astro steering box/ waggy pitman arm
Xj springs packed with ford ranger main leaf
RCI fuel cell.
fully rhino lined tub
231j with 231hd chevy chain and gears
Pace setter headers
Lots of engine mods

i traded my 24ft pontoon boat for this yj 4 years ago. and its been a project since. it started out as a 4.2 carb and automatic jeep. i learned real quick how much i hated it lol, over the years i have removed the 4.2 and installed a Fuel injected 4.0 with complete computer and harness, ive removed the tf999 trans and installed a ax-15 and everything needed for the swap. after wheeling it for a few years i wanted more. so recently i have stretched my yj 12inches , went spring over, and installed waggy d44's . Now i have no shop or anything, ive done all this work by hand tools and in my front yard. everything ive used to build this jeep is all from other jeeps. including 04 grand cherokee, 06 wrangler, 98 grand cherokee, 97 wrangler, 89 wagoneer. and a 95 chevy astro van steering box, when i did this buid i did not want anything custom made, i wanted to have factory parts from other vehicles so its easy to get parts and repair if i broke anything. This whole build and swap was all done in my front yard in the grass.

Before pic

now pic

Flex pic

Unread 01-25-2014, 01:02 AM   #5
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

LilViper95

-YJ year of production: 1993
-Specifications and modifications:
I built my Jeep to be essentially a YJ unlimited. I stretched the body and frame 14 7/8". My YJ frame was trashed, the Jeep now sits on a modified TJ frame. I am using an LJ roll bar and soft top along with modified TJ uppers to work with the YJ lower doors. In order to use the TJ frame I also had to swap in a TJ fuel tank and pump.
My jeep is equipped with the factory 4.0L engine backed up with an AW4 automatic transmission from a 99 XJ, np231j transfer case with a slip yoke eliminator. Front driveway is a Tom Woods CV style unit, rear is a shortened XJ front.
Rolling stock is made up of (5) 35x12.5x15 BF Goodrich Mud T/A KM2's on 15x8 American Racing baja wheels (for now, plan to buy some bead locks soon)
Rear axle is a Ford 8.8 locked with a Detroit and with a Artec industries TJ swap Truss, front is a HP Dana 30 front out of an XJ locked with a Lock Right. Gearing is 4.10.
During the suspension and frame swap I built a custom belly up skid plate to achieve maximum ground clearance.
I built the rear suspension myself. It is a triangulated 4 link. Lowers are 2" DOM tubing while the uppers are 2x2 square tube. Both are .250" wall. I am using Currie johnny joints on both ends of the uppers and lowers. 3" lift springs front and rear. Currently the front is stock TJ uppers with adjustable lowers. I plan to eventually build a 3 link to compliment my rear suspension.
Steering and track bar are Gen Right high steer with a teraflex pass side knuckle. I replaced the stock steering box with a Durango unit.
There has been a ton of body work done to this jeep. I replaced all of the floor pans using the Key parts product. I spliced 2 YJ tubs together to achieve my stretch. I boat sided my rocker panels during my rust repair and floor replacement. The rear corners and rockers are covered in body armor that I built using 3/16" plate. I flush mounted the factory tail lights to the tub. I also replaced the YJ tailgate with one from a CJ-7
Both front and rear HiLine fenders are custom one of pieces that I built.
I raked the grill back by moving the lower mounting point out about 4 inches.
For recovery I have mounted a SuperWinch EPi9.0 winch on a home made winch mount.
Rear bumper is a custom piece I built with integrated D ring tabs and tow receiver.

-Brief history of your jeep and how it came to be. (optional)
I bought this Jeep as a rust bucket with every intention of repairing and selling it for a profit. The jeep was a mess, frame was junk, floors were non existant, rocker panels were rotted out, rear corners were rotten. Really it was not even a good parts vehicle! I have been building jeeps for 17 years and I was driving a JK unlimited on 37's at the time.
I stumbled upon a build of a YJ unlimited and fell in love. I immediately began gathering parts to build this into one.
It is still a huge work in progress with many planned upgrades. This is strictly a toy for me which is great as I can wheel the heck out of it with no worries about breaking!

Unread 01-25-2014, 01:06 AM   #6
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Overhead

1995 wrangler yj 4cyl
35x12.5x15 BFG KM2
Micky Thompson sidebiters
Superior super 30/35 combination
30 spline chromoly shafts
4.88 gears
ARB air lockers front/rear
Solid diff covers
Upgraded brakes and e break.
Stainless steel brake lines
4in rough country springs & shocks
RC steering stabilize
Currie rock front and rear shackles.
Ballistic Fab Chevy 1-ton steering set up with flipped knuckle
Tom Woods CV shaft
Teraflex sye
Under cover Fab extra clearance skid and engine skid
Herculiner red bed liner
Smittybilt xrc seats
Uniden cb
Blue sea fuse box
Led rock lights
Led floods, spots, and 10in bar.
Custom fenders
Custom stinger bumper and swing out by Eddie @ Ground Pounder Fab.
Smittybilt x2o 8k winch
Union specific tri bell train horn.
Arb snorkel
Brown dog motor mounts
FF DYNAMICS stage 2 e-fan
Champion auto 3 core ALU radiator
Tri county Fab inertia ring.
SuperBright led gauge lights
Custom motor built by m&d automotive
A to Z sliders
GPF fire extinguisher mount
Custom center console
Motor City Reman upgraded alternator
1in daystar body lift
Teraflex hand throttle
Poison Spyder hood louver
Full rockhard cage with harness bar and 5pt harnesses.
Poison spyder steering box skid
PSC Steering box
10 Lb Powertank
and some other fun things

-I purchased the jeep as a way to focus in when I changed schools, meet some new people, and learn a thing or two. It because a trial by fire as I soon broke about as much as I could on the thing. Truly the jeep saved me from myself. It's shown me a whole new world of things that I never thought possible and given me an outlet for my creativity.

Unread 01-25-2014, 01:17 AM   #7
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

kgb_m3

1989 YJ, TF999 behind 4.2L. New to me Thanksgiving day 2011.

Her progress so far:

- BFG KM2 33" MTs
- Cragar Nomad II 15x8 steel wheels
- ARB OME 36R springs
- 1/2" boom shackles
- Bilstein 5100 shocks
- Rancho RS5000 steering stabilizer
- Nutter bypass
- Motorcraft 2150 Carburetor
- TFi ignition system upgrade
- Flowmaster exhaust
- Hayden 404 transmission cooler
- C&C Fabrication front tube fenders with 3" flares
- Smittybilt rear 3" tube fenders
- Homebrew front bumper
- Homebrew rock sliders/rock guards
- Crown Auto rear bumper w/tire swing out
- D30 front 3.55 gears with Posi-lock & Warn cover
- D35 rear 3.55 gears, non C-Clip LSD for now (8.8 4.10 gears on jack stands, soon to be in)
- OR Fab sport cage w/add-on bars & mole gear
- RRC Seats
- Hella 500s
- Breez-O-Top bikini top
- Bestop full cab cover
- Uniden CB
- Red LED dash/gauge lights
- Optima Red Top
- Sony headunit with Kicker front speakers & MB Quart rears
- Olympic Safari doors w/GSXR mirrors
- Sway bar disconnects & trackbars delete
- Bed-liner throughout the tub
- SuperFlow MV-50 air compressor
- Trail gear, recovery gear, Hi-Lift, etc..

Unread 01-25-2014, 01:18 AM   #8
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Louie4

1993 Jeep YJ Sahara

Specs:

-4.0L with 310,000 miles
-AX-15
-NP231 w/AA SYE
-Tom Woods front and rear driveshaft
-Mangled Black 15 x 8 Soft 8’s
-33” x 10.5 BFG KM2’s
-3.5” Black Diamond springs
-Currie Booms front & rear
-Front HP D30 w/Yukon 4.10’s & Lock-Right
-Rear Ford 8.8 w/4.10’s & Aussie Locker
-Impact Fabworks stubby front bumper
-Modified Smittybilt rear tire carrier
-Homebrew Rockers
-Homemade rear spring plates
-Rough Country D30 diff guard
-Solid 8.8 diff guard
-Poison Spyder 3” DeFenders ~ steel
-Rear TJ flares
-Softopper
-Rebuilt Warn M8000 winch
-Hi-Lift Jack
-Teraflex Hi-Steer Knuckle
-HD tie rod & drag link
-1” Daystar Body Lift
-Taurus E-fan
-Daystar Extended Bumpstops
-LED tail lights and reverse lights
-Exercise bike hand throttle
-Hayden power steering cooler
-Sunfire seats

I got my jeep when I turned 16 for $1,500, bone stock. It was in great shape and I drove it daily for around 7 years through high school and college. I did small mods throughout my college years as I could afford it and since getting a real job I've been able to go wheeling all over the Southeast. I drive it to every park I go to and so far I've been able to drive it back. My ultimate goal is to drive it to Moab, wheel it, and bring it back under its own power and maybe in one piece...maybe.

Unread 01-25-2014, 01:19 AM   #9
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

lynskynbnd
1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ

2012/January-March
’92 4.0, ’98 AX-15, ’99 NV231J, ’94 D30/4.11, ’91 M35/4.10
3” leaf/shackle lift, 31x10.50x15 MT tires (5)
’96 S10 Blazer leather seats, ’86 CJ& tailgate and hard top, XJ wheels (5) & air cleaner assembly, TJ head pipe
Self-made winch plate/Omega tow hooks, self-made rear bumper (2”x4”x1/4” tube) w/receiver and stock bumperettes

2012/November-2013 May
Monstaliner (dark burnt orange) sprayed inside and outside over two coats of Chassis Saver with replaced fenders/grill/hood/windshield frame

I purchased the YJ two years ago, January 2012. It had a 4.2 with noisy bearings, BA10/5 with a cracked bell housing and leaking slave cylinder, cracked intake manifold, bent fenders/hood/windshield frame/front springs, and two rust holes in the tub floor.
I performed all the modifications listed above myself, and have been wheeling and daily driving it during the past two years.

January 2012

July 2013

September 2013
Unread 01-25-2014, 01:20 AM   #10
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Chris

1990 Jeep YJ

Specs

Jeep Chassis - 90 Jeep Wrnagler
Motor - 96 Dodge 5.9 liter 360 fuel injected OBDII
Motor Mounts - Advanced adapters 360 Conversion mounts
Radiator - Ocenee Offroad conversion radiator
Tank side fuel filter - G-2 Filter Fram
Fuel Pump - Airtex E2000
Motor side Fuel Filter - FF832 with fuel return and pessure regulator
Throttle cable - Stock 96 Dodge 2500
Exhaust - Stock 96 Dodge 2500 headers, cat and pipe with flowmaster 40 series
Transmission - 46RE Auto Trans, Winters 60" Shift cable with homemade brackets
Transfer Case - NP231 True Neutral plate, SYE
Front Driveshaft - Stock 90 front DS lengthened
Rear Driveshaft - Front DS 99 Grand Cherokee shortened
Front-front U-joint - Precision part #449/ 1310 x 1330
Front-rear U-joint - Precision part #369/1310
Rear-front U-joint - Precision part #369/1310
Rear-rear U-joint - Precision part #369/1310
Trac bar - Catipillar backhoe hiem joints and 1-1/2" DOM tubing Home Made
Front Axle - 96 Dodge Dana 60, 32 spline, 4:10 gear ratio - stock
Rear Axle - 96 Dodge Dana 60, 4:10 gear ratio Limited Slip - stock
Front Springs - 3" Bastard pack Stretched 4" Forward
Rear Springs - 3" Bastard pack Stretched 2" back
Shackles Front -3/4" Boomerang
Shackles Rear - 5/8" Boomerang
Front Shocks - 12" Travel FOX Resevoirs 2.0
Rear Shocks - 10" Travel Bilstien 2.0
Wheels - 17" Hummer H2 wheels
Tires - 35" General Grabber Race tires
Front winch - 8,000 LB SB XRC8
Rear Winch - None
Steering Colum - 96 Dodge Ram non tilt with colum shifter
Seats - Stock 90 Wrangler
Air Filter - EDE1002 Edelbrock pro flo filter
Pitman Arm - Pitman Arm for 4" lift Crown
Front fenders - Home made tube fenders
TJ Grill -TJ Grill
and a bunch of other home made stuff

About:
This is my third Jeep and second YJ, I picked it up after trading my last YJ for a nice boat and got the bug again. It was stock for a short time and I had a blast with it when one of my work trucks had some frame problems so I decided I would shove the motor and drive train from the truck into the jeep. There is still a list of stuff I would like to do to it. Most everything on her is home made and seems to work pretty well.

Unread 01-25-2014, 01:21 AM   #11
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Grandboost98

1989 Jeep YJ
2.5L TBI 4cly
AX5 trans with external slave swap
NP231J with JB conversions HD SYE
TJ exhaust
Dana 30
Ford 8.8 with disks
All water tight with extended vent lines
Custom front and rear drive shafts
ARB Safari snorkel
3.5" H.D. BDS lift
5/8" H.D. M.O.R.E. booms
Teraflex rear shock bar
Aero Racing wheels
33x12.5x15 M/Ts
Front Smittybilt stinger
Rear Pro Comp bumper
Warn winch
O.R. Fab sport cage
Family roll bar swap
Tuffy stereo console
Tuffy trunk
Marine stereo
Marine speakers
CB radio
TJ flairs
60" Hi lift on the hood
Snatch block
misc recovery gear

Hardtop
Half hardtop
Safari top
Windjammer
Jammock
Full doors
Half doors
Tube doors

Unread 01-25-2014, 01:38 AM   #12
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

And cause I'm sick of winter...

Bikini weather...

Cheers
Unread 01-25-2014, 01:48 AM   #13
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

All of these rigs are great, each one has their own spice to bring to the table,

All in all, I think I would have to go with Louie's because I think it's been used and used to its fullest extent, and how it's come along from when I first seen the forum( yes each one of your rigs have come along way,I was just focusing on his at the moment)

And also
Thank you guys for keeping this contest a float..

And most of all thanks canman for holding the contest last year,

And thanks to our new yjotm administer Sparrows!

Thanks guys

DISCLAIMER: YOUR ACTIONS ARE CURRENTLY BEING MONITORED.
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 01:58 AM   #14
sporticon

I vote louie4
Rubicon rock sliders
sporticon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 06:41 AM   #15
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
And cause I'm sick of winter...

Bikini weather...

Cheers
Expedited shipping to 48066 please.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
yjotm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.