Jacobs Redux.. Read if your pinging!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jacobs Redux.. Read if your pinging!!

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 10-09-2001, 06:10 PM   #1
Mikein

Jacobs Redux.. Read if your pinging!!

Attempted to install a Jacobs ignition on my 88YJ today. The simple act of replacing the plug wires took away 99.9% of all the pinging trouble I have been having, it only pings when I really load it now. I can also listen to my radio on AM now (Love Mr. Limbaugh) without any interferance or alternator squeal. It is an incredible difference. The rest of the story is not as good, after hooking up system I started it up and it promptly died after 20 seconds and continued to do so. I bought a demo model to save the $100 and whoever had it before cut off the anti theft ground wire. They are sending me another that I'll have in a few days. I will keep you posted as to results.

Jacobs Mileage Master.
Mikein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2001, 06:03 PM   #2
glm 87 wrangler

Hi got the same problem,after changing to the weber.Trying the TFI juice box kit first.
87 wrangler 4.2 727 auto tranny 231np tc.
"get rid of the made to fail carter carb,go weber"!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.