JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   ive tried every thing !!! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/ive-tried-every-thing-1669905/)

cody413 10-10-2013 10:49 AM

ive tried every thing !!!

I have a 92 wrangler with the 2.5. Im having a problem after it get to normal temp. It'll start and idle fine. But when I get to 4th gear and I'll b coasting and go to hit the gas to maintain speed. (still in 4th) and it will big and jerk like it's gonna stall. I'll have to stop accelerating and then try again and it will clear. Only happens in 4th gear. I've changed TPS, plugs, thermostat housing. Fuel pressure is good. Just had a head job done a month ago. Idk if a 02 sensor can do it. It's Also a manual.

cody413 10-10-2013 10:54 AM

ive tried every thing !!!

I have a 92 wrangler with the 2.5. Im having a problem after it get to normal temp. It'll start and idle fine. But when I get to 4th gear and I'll b coasting and go to hit the gas to maintain speed. (still in 4th) and it will buck and jerk like it's gonna stall. I'll have to stop accelerating and then try again and it will clear. Only happens in 4th gear. I've changed TPS, plugs, thermostat housing. Fuel pressure is good. Just had a head job done a month ago. Idk if a 02 sensor can do it. It's Also a manual. It is also throwing code 22 ( temp thermostat) cause this?

CrawlingForward 10-10-2013 10:58 AM

I've definitely heard of cases where a bad O2 sensor can cause issues once warmed up, though I've no personally experienced it.

Try unplugging the O2 sensor first and see if there's any change in the behavior.

The recent head job seems like a red flag, though. Did it start before or after? Why did you need it done?

Siva283 10-10-2013 11:03 AM

If your getting code 22 you need to take care of that first. Yes it can cause this issue. Its the sensor in the Thermostat housing. I think its about $30 for a replacment.

cody413 10-10-2013 11:04 AM

It started happening after. But the reason it went it is because I went Mudding more like swapping being a idiot chasing pigs.And it wouldn't start. Mechanic said I warped the cylinder head. It was happening right after the shop but I changed the TPS and ignition coil and cleared up till now.

Siva283 10-10-2013 11:20 AM

The ECm is telling you what the problem is or atleast part of the problem. Listen to it. You need to change or atleast test the temp sensor.

cody413 10-10-2013 11:43 AM

Where are the sensors ? I heard there's two.,When I it the head job he put the one by the coolant hose in the front of the engine.

cody413 10-10-2013 11:49 AM

I just looked at it. Both are brand new.

Siva283 10-10-2013 02:06 PM

They can be bad out of the box. I would hope for that tracing wires is no fun. Check to make sure the connections is tight. Reset the ECM(Dissconnect the battery for 30 seconds. Start it back up and see if the code comes back.

cody413 10-10-2013 02:17 PM

I disconnected the battery for 20 min still on there. Everything I've been reading is sensor related or a fuel pump. Could it be the oxygen sensor

Luuca 10-10-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody413 (Post 16721185)
I just looked at it. Both are brand new.

I looked at the pistol. It didn't look loaded....

"Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them." -Obiwan Kenobi

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody413 (Post 16725449)
I disconnected the battery for 20 min still on there. Everything I've been reading is sensor related or a fuel pump. Could it be the oxygen sensor

EDIT: To reset the ECM, simply disconnect the negative battery cable, leaving the positive cable attached, for a period of no less than 10 seconds. Disconnecting the pos and neg terminals may or may not net you a reset depending upon the order in which you reinstall and the speed of re-installation.

The electronic device that was designed to help you diagnose issues with your vehicle is telling you you have a bad temp sensor.

You reset the ECM to clear the code.

It tells you again that the temp sensor is bad.

Must be the O2 sensor.. right?

Test Your Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...SensorTest.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rTempChart.jpg

CrawlingForward 10-10-2013 03:54 PM

To clarify: I suggested unplugging the O2 sensor not because it was most likely, but merely because unplugging it is easy and free and can help you eliminate one possible source very easily.

If you're getting a error, follow that up as the most important.

Siva283 10-10-2013 04:17 PM

OP I am noticing a pattern here that goes along with what I have been telling you. I went through trouble shooting with one of the most qualified people on this forum (Hint: HE designed part of this system for Chrysler) One of the things he taught me is if the computer tells you something listen to it. It is telling you for a reason. You can repeat the code after a reset. THat says bad temp sensor or wiring between it and the ECM.

Luuca 10-10-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siva283 (Post 16729377)
OP I am noticing a pattern here that goes along with what I have been telling you. I went through trouble shooting with one of the most qualified people on this forum (Hint: HE designed part of this system for Chrysler) One of the things he taught me is if the computer tells you something listen to it. It is telling you for a reason. You can repeat the code after a reset. THat says bad temp sensor or wiring between it and the ECM.

:deadhorse:

EDIT: You may want to follow this other thread on the YJ forums. Looks like the OP has similar issue(s): http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...thing-1669905/

;)

cody413 10-10-2013 04:26 PM

I will defiantly have to test the temp sensors. maybe just buy new ones since they are cheap. Which inner should've focus on more. Front or back one ? And if I unplug the 02 sensor and leave it unplugged . How will I know if it's bad ? Will there be no problem with it out ?

The time now is 06:09 PM.