Its Lift Time!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Its Lift Time!!!!!

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinLedlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 04-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
joeygeep

Its Lift Time!!!!!

ok thanks to everone who helped me pick out my lift for my 91 yj. i got a black diamond 3.5" suspension lift and i was going to have sumone else put it on but i said screw it and i am going to do it with a buddy of mine so i know what i am doing for future projects. my buddy has an idea on how to do it but we were wondering if anyone had any write ups on doing this lift like a step by step thing or anything that can help me do my own lift. again its a 3.5" black diamond lift for my 91yj. please help me lol. we are going to start this project within the next two days and we will need all the help we can get.

Unread 04-30-2005, 09:21 PM   #2
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Congrats on the lift and doing it yourself. I know there is a step-by-step write up by sentinal02 on a 2 inch BDS lift so you could go by that. I have to say it is best one i have read online. I dont know the link so i hope someone wil chime in. Or PM him. Good luck,
-Nick

1998 Cherokee Classic - SOLD

1993 YJ - SOLD :(
JeepDrivr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2005, 09:45 PM   #3
Hackle
1989 YJ Wrangler 

First off spray all the nuts and bolts with PB Blaster for several days before you start. This will help a lot! Most of it is pretty straight forward. The usual stumbling block is the bolts for the rear shackle as the gas tank is in the way to pull them out. If you can get all the nuts off, remove the outer shackle and pull out the rubber bushings on the outside this will give you enough room to angle the bolts to get them out without removing the gas tank or cutting the heads off. Install them with the bolt head out on the install of the new kit. HTH
Unread 04-30-2005, 09:58 PM   #4
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Equipment to have on hand.
-Impact
-Angle Grinder
-BFH
-Breaker Bar
-Torch
-And enough time to make at least 4 trips to the store for random crap.

It's all pretty straight forward. A Haynes/Chiltons never hurts. I would say the best advice is to take inventory of all the new stuff, and cut off everything that wont be re-used. Also, beware of the rear main eye bolts are probably gonna be seized to the bushing sleeve. Cut em or torch em.
If you're doing brake lines too, you will want to get a line wrench so you dont strip the fittings. Unless, of course, you want to learn how to flare a brake line like I did.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2005, 01:20 AM   #5
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

check the lifts/suspensions sub forum on the board here. theres a sticky at the top of the page that has a ton of good info in it.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2005, 06:16 AM   #6
YJBlues
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Remember to have bandaids close by too. Older vehicles believe in the ancient ways, you won't get much accomplished until you've given them a blood sacrifice. Also helpful is the complete newbies guide to cursing like a truck driver. I firmly believe that the more fluently you can curse, the faster the pain goes away. My daughter has also aptly named the moments after the blood sacrifice, while cursing like a truck driver, the owwie dance...
YJBlues is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.