Issue with locked rear wheels (1st post) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Issue with locked rear wheels (1st post)

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
sloshkong
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Issue with locked rear wheels (1st post)

Decided it was time to pop that 1st post cherry.

Ok, so problem is that whenever i go to park my yj (sometimes i engage the e-brake, sometimes i dont) My rear wheels lock up from time to time. When I engage it into first i feel that my rear wheels are fighting my brakes. Noticing a burning smell as well. But if I throw it in Reverse, it backs with no problem or friction. Then I will throw it back in 1st and it will fight me again.
Eventually I will break free of the lock up, but it is annoying and time to be dealt with.

I know that its definitely not my front. Because I already assumed that and replaced, rotors, calipers, pads in front. and gravity bleed the brakes. (Which needed to be done anyways)

I'm pretty much assuming that it is something with the drum brakes in the back possibly overtightened, rusted, stuck or something. if anyone has had an issue/solution with this. let me know. I'm sure I can fix it. Just wanted to post something, since JF has been a huge help for me.

sloshkong is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.