iPad install in yj dash, first ever - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > iPad install in yj dash, first ever

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #16
Radiohead1231
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Lol. Adds 12 actually. I suppose if enough people were interested i could market them. Unfortunately they wouldnt be real cheap due to the amount of work and materials in them, most shops are doing these for around 600-800$ which i think is a little insane, but at the same time very worth it for what you get out if it. I could do it way cheaper than that however. Im a custom audio installer but currently not working as im looking to start my own thing so i have nothing but time right now lol.

Radiohead1231 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have a custom dash with my gauges off to the side like yours. An iPad mini would be sweet where I head unit currently is. Personally, I like the angled view but a flat setup might be better. Sometimes things can look overly customized. I'd be interested to see another version.
CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #18
deliriousnomad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ambitious.... but I'd rather just mount my iPhone below the gauges and have the same results... I can't believe people would pay $600-800 for that. but hey to each thier own.
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

People pay that kind of money for the custom work. I've seen other vehicle's dashes customized to take an IPad. But this the first I've seen on a YJ. I think the IPad is way too big though. I think a mini would look and function much better.
CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #20
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Very cool. Not $600 to $800 cool, but nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #21
Radiohead1231
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The ipads are definately big but i really dont mind a big screen what so ever, only makes things easier and nicer, but the ipad minis are nice as well, ive done a couple of those in other cars. Yea 600-800 is expensive. If i were to build them i would be talkin in the 250-300$ range painted to match, with the docking cable mounted in and usb charger and everything. Backing behind ipad done in suede. Believe it or not there is 38$ worth of paint on it that was color matched from a body shop even though the colors off a shade still and the texture paint under that to simulate the factory look. Between the wood, fiberglass, body filler, paint, docking cable, and charger thats about 100$ right there. I think i am going to work on another one while i have free time to see how it turns out. Ill post an updated video with it with everything working.
Radiohead1231 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
maxthegi
1994 YJ Wrangler 

That is too cool. I travel so much that it could serve as my Garmin, radio, etc. I might have to hit you up on one some time. Thanks for the pic
maxthegi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.