introducing myself - and some questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > introducing myself - and some questions

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 04-22-2002, 03:58 PM   #16
89YJWrangler

You know, I have the 4.2 with K&N intake and a MPI kit, and with 31"s and 2.72 gears I can barely tell the difference between a sack of potatoes in the back or our popup camper (something like 3200 pounds loaded). The MPI kit gives the Jeep soo much nut... its unbelievable the before/after comparison.

Trust me, your making a good choice with the Jeep. Back in the day my Jeep did better off-roading stock than a lot of people with 3" lifts in trucks.

My advice is the usual, ask lots of questions, and when you take it for a test drive, drive it in good spots, test its engine power IE drive up the side of a mountain and see how well you can accelerate. Test 4wd at all speeds (mine rumbles at 55 for some reason) any noises are bad. besides stereo and engine. heh.

3.5" suspension lift soon to be installed
89YJWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2002, 08:14 AM   #17
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Out of all the Jeeps my family and I have owned the ones that were most rreliable were the 2.5's. I have seen one with well over 300k. I would consider a 4.0 if I did extreme hwy trips, if I tow a lot, or if you plan to go larger tires and regear it. The four cylinders are well capable of pulling a trailer of the max. weight that is safe to pull behind a Jeep(no more than 3500). Afour cylinder with stock gears will handle larger tires better than a 6 cyl with stock gears.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.