Internal Slave Cylinder Pin? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Internal Slave Cylinder Pin?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Internal Slave Cylinder Pin?

Putting the pin in the hole looks so easy. But somehow i can not do it. just wondering.. what does that lil pin holding the slave actually do? its not a tight fit it seems.. does it just hold the slave in place until its against the clutch? do i need it?

Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompatt View Post
Putting the pin in the hole looks so easy. But somehow i can not do it. just wondering.. what does that lil pin holding the slave actually do? its not a tight fit it seems.. does it just hold the slave in place until its against the clutch? do i need it?
This roll pin keeps the slave from rotating. There should be a capture nut that slides over the slave body onto the roll pin to keep the slave from rotating. It is not a very tight fit, but it is necessary. Most clutch kits come with a new roll pin and capture nut that should be installed with the new slave.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

man.. this may be the worst part ever haha.. where can i get a new one? i think i messed the one they gave me up.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
bigh20rnr
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Take the one you broke to the hardware store. I have found tons of little things like that at the local hardware hanks in town here.

Rick

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.