internal slave cylinder.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > internal slave cylinder....

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 01-26-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
trailrated1989
1997 TJ Wrangler 

internal slave cylinder....

My internal slave cylinder was leaking. So I dropped my tranny.. all day affair. But anyways changed the slave cylinder/throw out bearing. But everything back in. Went to bleed the brakes. Now it leaks worse. Any ideas?

trailrated1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

cracked hard line? bad threads? crossed threaded? bad bleeder?

WoRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
UCF YJ'r
1992 YJ Wrangler 

why would you bleed the brakes? I thought your clutch was leaking?? ha ha ha, i think someone got confused...
UCF YJ'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
paintguy

obviously you are going to have to pull it apart again -- that blows -- but hey, search the forum here and do the cherokee external slave swap -- I have read here it is cheap and easy to find the used parts. Keep us posted.
paintguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
trailrated1989
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry about the type-o. I ment bleed the clutch system. But it leaks really bad now. Can I buy just the lines. Or do I need to return the one I got last week... Or what? Well tomorrow I am taking it to the hobby shop on base.(lift, tons tons and tons of tools. Everything else you might need need.) When I drop it I am going to re hook up everything out side of the bell housing and see whats leaking. Thinking for everyones input.
trailrated1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #6
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Did you remember to put the "o" rings on the two hard lines where they attach to the slave?

Be very careful IF you actuate the clutch salve cyl once it is out.
It may get damaged by hyperextending itself if you pump the clutch.
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2007, 08:17 AM   #7
notmyj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

since your taking it apart again anyway and chances are you got brake fluid on the clutch disc, you might as well replace the clutch while your there.

The slave cyl quick connects can be quite a pain to reinstall, be sure they are fully engauged, and have the orings on them.

Good luck
notmyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.