Interior options other than rhinoline? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Interior options other than rhinoline?

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 08-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #16
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

^This guy is good.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #17
hotrodscott
1995 YJ Wrangler 

sounds like a good way to go to me!!
hotrodscott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #18
jvallery
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I get the point... I'm just nervous about spraying something that is very difficult to remove on. I'm putting a ton of money into my Jeep and I would hate to be in a situation where I'm not satisfied with the result yet I don't have an easy way to replace it.

@Magnetman - Since you say Line-X is the best of the professional bunch how would you compare it to your product? What are the advantages of Line-X? What are the advantages of Monstaliner besides costs?
jvallery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #19
Turbomarty

May I suggest Lizard Skin. Acts and looks like bedliner but pertects from heat and noise with Ceramic Insulation and Sound Control.

I am installing it this weekend underside and inside the tub.
Turbomarty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #20
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I know you didn't want to talk about Rhino-liner but that is the route that I went and love it.. I have had this thing full of mud, tools, clutter everywhere and it washes right out.. Not a scratch on it anywhere.. I also have it in the back of my truck for the last 7 years and it still looks great and I have hauled all kinds of stuff in the back of it, rocks, tools, tractor implements, 4-wheelers etc..

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #21
raynmaker
1990 YJ Wrangler 

X15 for monstaliner. I used the white. It cleans easy is hard as rock and was easy to do. If you want to change colors the stuff sticks to itself. Monsta is smoother than other bedliners ive seen. Might be how i did it but I like it.
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #22
ejeeperguy
1982 CJ7 

First off why are you listening to your cousin.I would never let someone tell me how to restore one of my jeeps.you need to decide what you want .rhino and the other ones being thrown out there can all be painted over. if you want something more smoother use por 15and paint over that .I am doing my 82 cj7 the same way.It does come up easier than rhino.On my wife's yj I just sprayed cans of the rubber coating in the bed.You might try that too if you are not sure what you want.It comes off with heavy degreaser.
ejeeperguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #23
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvallery View Post
I get the point... I'm just nervous about spraying something that is very difficult to remove on. I'm putting a ton of money into my Jeep and I would hate to be in a situation where I'm not satisfied with the result yet I don't have an easy way to replace it.

@Magnetman - Since you say Line-X is the best of the professional bunch how would you compare it to your product? What are the advantages of Line-X? What are the advantages of Monstaliner besides costs?
You're down to 2 choices. Bedliner or carpet. I'm writing something that will explain some differences, advantages/disadvantages like you asked. Will post later or tomorrow.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #24
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbomarty View Post
May I suggest Lizard Skin. Acts and looks like bedliner but pertects from heat and noise with Ceramic Insulation and Sound Control.

I am installing it this weekend underside and inside the tub.
Are you planning to put anything on top of lizardskin inside the tub?
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #25
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynmaker View Post
X15 for monstaliner. I used the white. It cleans easy is hard as rock and was easy to do. If you want to change colors the stuff sticks to itself. Monsta is smoother than other bedliners ive seen. Might be how i did it but I like it.
Do you have any photos of this mysterious white Monstaliner job?
Unread 08-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #26
raynmaker
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'll get some pics up tomorrow evening. Going to put the locker and new tire rack to the test. The last run I had three or four ppl decide they wanted to do it just from how mine looked. Need to send me a sticker so I can advert for you lol
Unread 08-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #27
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynmaker View Post
I'll get some pics up tomorrow evening. Going to put the locker and new tire rack to the test. The last run I had three or four ppl decide they wanted to do it just from how mine looked. Need to send me a sticker so I can advert for you lol
Stickers are in any they are nice. We start mailing this week so it will be there soon.

Cool I'm drooling to see the white. Have not seen one completed yet.
These were the awesome photos of this week so far, Desert Sand
85_cj7_desert-sand_dsc04204.jpg   dsc04192.jpg   dsc04221.jpg  
Unread 08-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #28
jvallery
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejeeperguy View Post
First off why are you listening to your cousin.I would never let someone tell me how to restore one of my jeeps.you need to decide what you want .rhino and the other ones being thrown out there can all be painted over. if you want something more smoother use por 15and paint over that .I am doing my 82 cj7 the same way.It does come up easier than rhino.On my wife's yj I just sprayed cans of the rubber coating in the bed.You might try that too if you are not sure what you want.It comes off with heavy degreaser.

While my cousin doesn't typically work on Jeeps he has 20 years of automotive restoration experience under his belt and knows a thing or two. I trust his experience considerably.

Here are some pictures of a couple cars he just finished:

Unread 08-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #29
jvallery
1992 YJ Wrangler 

BTW - I'll also add that my Jeep is pretty much rust free. It has spent the vast majority of it's days in the very dry climate of Colorado and the last 10 years in a garage. I do plan on painting the chassis but rust isn't a major consideration for me.
Unread 08-20-2011, 06:12 AM   #30
Grenadierbeef
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Magnetman here are a couple of pics of mine done in white. They were taken with my cell phone so they could be better

Grenadierbeef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.