interior light does not work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > interior light does not work

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-22-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
my litte red yj

interior light does not work

i checked the fuse, was good, no power at connector i hear this is a problem on alot of yj's has any one fixed it

my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2002, 09:18 PM   #2
bob91yj

Yep, mounted a Mag Light flashlight on the transmission tunnel, passenger side. Even works outside the Jeep, heheh.
Unread 03-22-2002, 09:23 PM   #3
Bob K

typically the problem is either that the door-frame mounted switch is not grounding properly to metal, or more likely, the switch has corrosion on the cotact points and is not conducting. The back of the switch is visible without removal. It's pretty easy to see where the contacts are and clean them a bit or bend them into a better configuration to improve the contact point.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2002, 08:58 AM   #4
oilguy

I had a problem with my dashboard lights and turn signal not working.I took out all my fuses and relays,cleaned the fuse box with compressed air,cleaned the tabs of the fuses,put dielectric grease on the tabs and put them all back in.It fixed my turn signal problem but the dashboard lights were a bad switch,same switch that is the interior light.It doesn't hurt to clean your fuse box and put some dielectric grease on the tabs to keep them from the elements,since they are open to the weather.
oilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2002, 09:38 AM   #5
Chumpbusta

I had a problem with all of my lights. It turned out to be a short in the light switch assembly on the dash...where you turn the lights on and off. Nothing like wheelin' out in the dark forest and having all of your lights turn off!
I replaced the switch assembly and all is fine...it was a cheap fix, like $16.
Good luck!
Warn XDi9000 winch, full spray in liner
and all the doodads you need to do it right!
Chumpbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2002, 07:21 PM   #6
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

I haven't had a working interior light since I've owned mine (going on 11 years now). I know what I want to do if I ever can find one at a junk yard. I want to get a rear-view mirror with a built-in compass and a couple of map lights that shine downward. They come stock in the newer Park Avenues and Roadmasters. I think one of those would be just perfect in a Jeep.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.