Interior Door handle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Interior Door handle

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 09-26-2005, 11:03 AM   #1
92wrangler

Interior Door handle

Hey guys well my interior door handle broke. The plastic peice is gone and there used to be 2 wires you could pull. One to unlock the door and one to open the door. I locked the door a few days ago and now the second wire is gone to unlock the door. Is there anyway to unlock the door. The outside lock is messed up and the key won't work. thanx for any info.

1997 camaro Z28 Fully forged 355, Stage 3 heads, Gm847 cam, Nitrous,

http://community.webshots.com/user/jc998
92wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
jonnyri
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I can't remember exactly but....
if it's a full door (like your pics) you should be able to pull the inside cover off and get at the locking mechanism from the inside. Will be fun to pull off the interior of the door with it shut, but can be done. The interior panel can be removed by gingerly pulling along the edge - start at one of the bottom corners and pull out - if it's like mine the top slides into a chrome channel.
jonnyri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2005, 11:23 AM   #3
92wrangler

ok thanx. I guess i will have to try that tonite when i get home.

1997 camaro Z28 Fully forged 355, Stage 3 heads, Gm847 cam, Nitrous,

http://community.webshots.com/user/jc998
92wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
ditchdoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy042
I can't remember exactly but....
if it's a full door (like your pics) you should be able to pull the inside cover off and get at the locking mechanism from the inside. Will be fun to pull off the interior of the door with it shut, but can be done. The interior panel can be removed by gingerly pulling along the edge - start at one of the bottom corners and pull out - if it's like mine the top slides into a chrome channel.
The problem with that is when you get that panel off there is a metal panel behind it that has to come off. The door has to be open because there are 2 screws on the edge of the door you can't get to them with it closed. The rods should still be in the doors just need to find them and put them back where they belong.
l---L –OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

CSA Jeepers Association Member #6
ditchdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2005, 03:47 PM   #5
sunny_8

Same thing happend to me.....you can push the lock by the door from the inside...its kinda hard, but you can and the door will swing open. Look at the point where the door hits the side of the jeep and see how it works, you will see what part you can move....

good luck...i am going to try and install my new handle tonight.
sunny_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2005, 03:56 PM   #6
pyro9862

Just remove the panel, you don't just pull on it or you could mess up the mounts. Pull it out gently, and put a screwdriver behind it, slide it until you find the clip holding it on then pry out gently on the clip not the door panel.

Once it's out you can acess all the rods and you can unlock it and pop the door open.
pyro9862 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.