Intake manifold heater - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Intake manifold heater

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
rogerv

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Intake manifold heater

image-165153600.jpg
Do you guys think the heater is needed ? When I start putting everything back together should I delete it or keep it ?
Keep in mind I'm nuttered with a weber 32/36. If it's recomended to keep it, I'll have to run a new relay and tie into the oil pressure sending unit. What about just a switch/ relay and do it manually ( but us old folk may forget that it's on ) !
The original relay/ circuit has been deleted, by me, when I cleaned up the wires f/ the P.O.

Unread 12-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

It will work without it. It helps cold engine operation just like the heat stove hooked to the OEM air cleaner assembly (I am sure that is long gone also).

If you can easily hook it back up, do it. If it is a pain to do, block it off and run your choke a tad more rich.
Unread 12-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

If you are still running the water jacket thru the manifold, don't bother with the heater

I did leave mine in place tho - a block off plate I made worked, but the engine ran funny so I put it back, just not hooked up
That was also before I got the engine running right too

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.