Instrument Panel Lighting & Trailer Electrical... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Instrument Panel Lighting & Trailer Electrical...

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 09-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
JohnChrist

Instrument Panel Lighting & Trailer Electrical...

Hola, i own an 87 Wrangler 6 Cylinder, For some time now my instrument panel lighting has not worked, i cannot see how fast i am going night & man it sucks. I checked all my fuses underneath the dash & they all are fine, i even replaced the bulbs for the tach & speedometer & still nothing. What else is going on here? Any ideas?

Also, how difficult is it to install a wiring kit for a trailer? Was hoping some of you would have experience in this area as i need to hook up a trailer to my jeep, i also need to hook up the hitch too....Thanks in advance!

John

JohnChrist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
ou812
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnChrist
Also, how difficult is it to install a wiring kit for a trailer?
John
Just yesterday I threw the package away that mine came in or Id give you the name and part#. Very easy to install the wiring harness if you get the kit that is Jeep/year specific. Any auto parts store can order it for you. Chances are they wont have it in stock, but well worth the wait and few extra bucks for simple plug and play.

http://www.trailerwiring.com/

$18.88 at Advanced Auto
ou812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #3
brk913
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If your bulbs and fuses are good I would suspect your dimmer switch which may or may not be a part of the headlight switch (I can't remember and am to tired to go look)......trailer wiring is very easy even if you go with a universal connector, you can tap into the harness toward the drivers side rear of the tub...
brk913 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.