installing Subaru WRX STI seats....ugghh - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > installing Subaru WRX STI seats....ugghh

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
pwoens
1994 YJ Wrangler 

installing Subaru WRX STI seats....ugghh

swung by the local parts yard and couldnt find anything....EXCEPT a beautiful mint condition set of Subaru WRX STI seats out of an 04. A friend of my brothers was working the counter and gave the set to me for $130.00 out the door....i figured it was a screaming deal so I bought em. Got the drivers side in after 4 hours of fabricating a mount and I gotta say these things are absolutely awesome!! I was completely stocked until I started the passenger side....now I gotta say im a little concerned as that stupid "lift" mechanism creates a bit of an obstacle. I think I am going to have to use the base portion and completely rebuild from the bottom up.

On the drivers side I ran into a bit of a snag. To keep the seat centered with the steering wheel means I can only move it back as far as the roll cage will let me due to width and design of seats. But that is far enough back for me at 6' to feel more than comfortable. Used the factory STI sliders and the seat moves all the way forward so getting in the back will be alot easier than factory was.

here's a few pics

94 YJ 4.0L, BDS 4 1/2", 1" BL, 33 x 12.50, SYE & Tom Woods drive shaft, 8.8 w/lsd, Aussie Locker front, T & T Phantom tube fenders, Warn rock sliders custom cut, TJ rear flares and Fuel filler, Warn M8000, Custom front & rear bumpers w/swing out, bad apple diff guards, Dual 1400 amp Kinetic Energy batteries, HO alternator, 2 guage comp wires, VIAIR 450c, WRX seats, and way too much more to list. No end in sight!!
pwoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Those look REAL nice.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Hockey1
1990 YJ Wrangler 

they look great!

Welcome to America, now speak English!
Hockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
pwoens
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I got the passenger seat fabricated in yesterday after another 4 hours of welding, chopping, and grinding. Turned out incredible. These seats are so comfortable!!!! If you have the tools and find a set of WRX seats, I highly reccommend them!! One of the best mods to date!!

94 YJ 4.0L, BDS 4 1/2", 1" BL, 33 x 12.50, SYE & Tom Woods drive shaft, 8.8 w/lsd, Aussie Locker front, T & T Phantom tube fenders, Warn rock sliders custom cut, TJ rear flares and Fuel filler, Warn M8000, Custom front & rear bumpers w/swing out, bad apple diff guards, Dual 1400 amp Kinetic Energy batteries, HO alternator, 2 guage comp wires, VIAIR 450c, WRX seats, and way too much more to list. No end in sight!!
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Care to do a more detailed write-up with what was needed etc. I would definatly like to add this to the seat swap list if possible. More pictures would be great man. Feel free to PM with questions on what I am looking for.

Those seats look

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
pwoens
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler
Care to do a more detailed write-up with what was needed etc. I would definatly like to add this to the seat swap list if possible. More pictures would be great man. Feel free to PM with questions on what I am looking for.

Those seats look
Ya...no problem....didnt think it was the type of mod that the average joe would take on to warrant a write up...but ya, no problem ... give me a day or two....best part was the entire mod was under $150

Unread 01-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #7
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoens
Ya...no problem....didnt think it was the type of mod that the average joe would take on to warrant a write up...but ya, no problem ... give me a day or two....best part was the entire mod was under $150
Sweet, thanx. The list I have put togeather is more of a stages of ability. Direct bolt in, minor mods, fabrication/welding required. Something for everyone.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.