Installing Polk db460 Speakers - write up - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Installing Polk db460 Speakers - write up

2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wiOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheel Bearing & Hub Asse

Unread 02-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #16
JerseyBowie
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Cushtech,

Nice clean write up. Thanks. Both my front speakers are toast and I've been shopping for something for marine use and a bit of sound quality at the same time. The dash removable has me skeered for now, but after doing a lift I think I can handle it - maybe?

Hey! We both live in the same place! USA - Come tomorrow and help me

If it aint broke - I didn't work on it yet!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon YJ
My inability to remain sober for more than 3% of my waking hours should be common knowledge Such as: the sky is blue, Ron Jeremy is proof God has a sense of humor, and opossum doesn't taste like chicken.
Thus, it does not require a disclaimer.
Red Jeep Club #535
Early YJ Club Member #15
JerseyBowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #17
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm a giant noob... How are the bolts not showing on the front of the dash?? Very stupid question I'm guessing if they are mounting bolts that come standard in your rig, my 92 does not have them. Going to have to do some drilling

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/broke-students-jeep-build-1264853/"]YJ BUILD THREAD/[/URL]
branjmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #18
cushtech
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, I haven't looked at this tread in a long time...

All 3 of my YJs had factory mounting bolts for the speakers that were attached to the rear of the dash. Maybe the PO of your jeep broke them off? If they aren't there you're going to have to do some drilling.

An update to this thread...
The Polks gave out after a few years. The surrounds deteriorated and crumbled off. So much for "marine ready". I replaced them with some old Morel Dotech 4" woofers and Morel tweeters on the dash. They sound much better than the Polks but then they are a lot more money. I've got some pics so maybe another write-up is in order.
cushtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 03:47 AM   #19
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushtech View Post
Wow, I haven't looked at this tread in a long time...

All 3 of my YJs had factory mounting bolts for the speakers that were attached to the rear of the dash. Maybe the PO of your jeep broke them off? If they aren't there you're going to have to do some drilling.
doesn't look like they were ever there. Oh well, I don't mind a few bolt heads showing. thanks for the response!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/broke-students-jeep-build-1264853/"]YJ BUILD THREAD/[/URL]
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #20
cushtech
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here's what the back of my dash looks like.

cushtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #21
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushtech View Post
Here's what the back of my dash looks like.

yep, mines the exact same other than the "studs" for the speakers. I just drilled holes in the dash, works just fine! Not quite as pretty, I'll admit, but Oh well!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.