Install Intake/Exhaust Manifold - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Install Intake/Exhaust Manifold

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-25-2002, 06:03 PM   #1
Ryan McMenamin

Install Intake/Exhaust Manifold

Is it better to install the Intake/Exhaust manifolds as one piece, or to install the exhaust first and the intake on top of it?

I've tried it both ways... and well... I'm asking the question because I can't seem to get everything to line up.

One or the other lines up with the head correctly, but not both. I can get both of them lined up perfectly, but then the connection between the two won't screw down...

Ideas?

Ryan

Unread 03-30-2002, 10:18 PM   #2
93 Blue Demon YJ

well, I have the 4.0, but I imagine its the same. I assume you have everything off, and you are beginning to put it back on. you put the exhaust on first, and put the 2 outer bolts on loosely to hold it in place. Next, you put on the intake manifold. you can line it up accordingly to the hole, and the bolt should go between the intake/exhaust manifolds. put the bolds on in a clockwise and outward path...starting in the middle working out. couple words of advice...1. always put on a new manifld gasket. 2...make sure you toque all the bolts to the proper torque, and recheck them about a week or so later, mine were 13 ft.-lbs I believe. hope this helps, if you need more info let me know.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.