Insta-trunk, Anybody got one? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Insta-trunk, Anybody got one?

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 08-09-2002, 06:48 AM   #1
battlestar

Insta-trunk, Anybody got one?

I was looking at the instatrunk in acme truck parts. They really do not give you much information. I want to see if I can fit a sub and an amp in there.

Does it go to the top of the wheel well, or higher? Is it sloped to the contour of the back seat, or does it go straight down.

I know some of you folks will say I don't need a sub. The thing is I can't hear the radio at all(zero - zip) when I'm driving with the top off on the highway. Those 4x6 speakers just can't cut it. I'm not looking to go crazy, just a little more volume.

Unread 08-09-2002, 06:58 AM   #2
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have the Mopar one and it goes to the top of the wheel wells and just goes straight down to the floor.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2002, 12:27 PM   #3
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have a set of speakers wedged between my rollbar and the fender .. and a second set of speaker on the rear fenders, and a set in the dash.

Most of the time I get decent amount of sound outta the 6.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2002, 05:00 PM   #4
LoOpY

i had the same problem with hearing my tunes, solved it for 20 bucks. Roadmaster 300w box with 2 6" woofers and 2 1" tweeters, at Walmart for 20 bucks. Its nice and small, fits behind the back seat with room to spare for shovels, lug wrenches, etc. And the best part is, if its stolen, who cares?! it was only 20 bucks! but dont get me wrong, it puts out alotta noise with little distortion and a reasonable amount of bass.
LoOpY is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.