Inside of frame cleaning? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Inside of frame cleaning?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #16
lckdrgn
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Live in California, Bay area, no rust.

lckdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #17
CreepyCrawler95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

you could clean the inside out and fill the frame with GreatStuff
CreepyCrawler95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #18
Mike1091
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Like some guys said I heard foam spray and that kind of stuff just holds water in and makes it rust more. I plan on using this stuff this summer when i clean my frame up.
http://www.eastwood.com/internal-fra...ay-nozzle.html
Mike1091 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #19
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The best way to coat the inside of your frame is take the frame to a galvinzer and have it acid dipped then galvenized. A friend of mine did this to his f350 frame a few years ago and it worked great. Other than that clean it out a with a powerwasher or garden hose when you wash your jeep.
Unread 01-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #20
CreepyCrawler95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

great stuff is what is used to fill holes and put up moisture barriers
CreepyCrawler95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #21
plym49
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The Brits have a product called Waxoyl that puts down a nice waxy film. It is used on inner panels like frames and inner rockers.

You can make your own by mixing lanolin with paint thinner.

If you want to go all out, check out Aircraft Spruce. They sell special aerosol products that are engineered to wick uphill inside all areas of an enclosed cavity and deposit a rust-inhibiting coating that flexes and deals with rust or grease already in there. They are used on older aircraft where corrosion inside a steel frame is a very expensive and dangerous condition. The aerosols are a little pricey but well worth it in terms of ease of application and piece of mind.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #22
HighRoller02TJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

im going to try to bring this thread back to life, maybe get some new ideas. today I put a garden hose in the larger holes on the side and blasted it with water, then I took a shop vac and duct taped a clear plastic flexible hose onto the shop vac hose and snaked it through the frame and sucked up all the water, dirt and chunks of rust that didn't drain out, next im going to spray the inside with the eastwood internal frame coating.
HighRoller02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #23
calvynandhobbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
im going to try to bring this thread back to life, maybe get some new ideas. today I put a garden hose in the larger holes on the side and blasted it with water, then I took a shop vac and duct taped a clear plastic flexible hose onto the shop vac hose and snaked it through the frame and sucked up all the water, dirt and chunks of rust that didn't drain out, next im going to spray the inside with the eastwood internal frame coating.
That's exactly what i plan to do to my YJ when I start working on it. I already have the Eastwood internal frame coating cans in the barn. Just have to finish with my big sidewalk and retaining wall project before I get to work on the Jeep.
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #24
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I hit all of the frame holes whenever I hit the car wash. When I got my Jeep, the rails were packed. I might have some rocks in there, but no more mud comes out.
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #25
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

How many cans of the eastwoods internal frame coating are needed?
Unread 07-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #26
HighRoller02TJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg26 View Post
How many cans of the eastwoods internal frame coating are needed?
I was told 2
HighRoller02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.