Input on a used soft top? should i get? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Input on a used soft top? should i get?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #31
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
No I mean just folding it down to drive around. Once you get the hang of it it does go pretty quick but a PITA to figure out from BesTops poor and incomplete directions.
oh, well i saw my fiend at school put hers down, and it looked rather easy. i can't seem to fine the nx framless for yj's... do you have a link to place that has it?

Jrivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #32
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, I was mistaken it's a Rampage frameless.. http://www.quadratec.com/products/11119_1315_07.htm
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
Sorry, I was mistaken it's a Rampage frameless.. http://www.quadratec.com/products/11119_1315_07.htm
Ah, I saw that one before. Ony thing with that one is it lacks hardware such as brackets and.rails, and it doesn't work with full steal doors. It's good, if you have the hardware and half-doors, but I Don't have either of them, so it wouldn't work for me. It looks like it fits better than softopper.
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #34
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i am wondering on what some people's thoughts are on a soft top set up. softopper refunded my money, and now i am looking at getting a framed top for the ease of just folding the top down when not in use. here are my set up considerations: i have the option of buying a supertop kit with tinted windows from jeeptopdepot.com at around $588. that's the discounted price. if the top loses the discount by friday, it will like $687.. which is a big price difference. my other option is to buy used factory OEM hardware from craigslist- there is someone selling it mostly complete for a $100, by a set of used steel half doors for $200. and get a quadratop that comes with square upper doors. this set up would give me a somewhat close to factory set up. eventually the quadratop would be replaced by a sailcloth replace a top or something of better quality. i don't plan to have the top on that often/ it will only be on when it rains, so i just want something to keep most of the water out of the vehicle. the oem hardware+half doors+quadratop would cost around $600. so it's either a $588 supertop kit, or a $600 used hardware/quadratop factory style. it the supertop does remain at discounted price for a few more days i will most likely get that. but if the discount goes away, the 0ther option is more cheaper and may giveme more options for a factory style later on..
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #35
dodgethejeep

Half doors are nice cuz you can take the top down and you don't need a place to store the doors. Just take off the windows and store them between the rear seat and the folded top. I think every top maker has an option to go with the oem hard ware.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.