Input on shock location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Input on shock location

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 02-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Input on shock location

Hey guys,

I am close to dropping my 9" under the rear. I have most of it figured out except the shock location. I have seen the stock location used a lot of guys run the Ford towers outside the frame. Some french the Ford towers into the frame. But that's about all I know.

What I am looking for is input/info on the pros and cons of different mounting locations and angles used. Will shocks farther apart provide more high speed stability? Do I angle the shocks backwards? In or out? Things like that.

I'm going to research a little into the benefits of different mounting configurations. But wanted to get a thread started to get your take on it.

Thanks

Tyler

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

When in doubt....check the FAQ's:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/e...d-them-623695/
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.