Input for running 65" wms on a YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Input for running 65" wms on a YJ

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
DontTouchIt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Input for running 65" wms on a YJ

I am thinking about running a couple axles of a 79' F-250. They are 65" wms on both. Currently I am running 60" wms front and 58" wms rear. I am in the middle of building my own tube fenders f/r, so coverage wouldnt matter. I am looking for input as in stability and how road friendly it feels being a bit wider on every corner. Thanks.

DontTouchIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

You might find the front more in the 67" range. But no issues.
Unread 06-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

does your state require full tire coverage on street driven vehicles?....if it does, those are gonna' be some very wide tube fenders
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

I been wanting to ask the same question, but also would changing the backspacing on the wheels make it where they wouldn't stick out as far. I don't really want the change my width, but i have a set of Dana 60's that I picked up to resale and im half tempted to use them.
CKjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTouchIt View Post
I am thinking about running a couple axles of a 79' F-250. They are 65" wms on both. Currently I am running 60" wms front and 58" wms rear. I am in the middle of building my own tube fenders f/r, so coverage wouldnt matter. I am looking for input as in stability and how road friendly it feels being a bit wider on every corner. Thanks.

Stability is better, you will lose your turning radius a bit. Overall you will be satisfied. Are you planning on a stretch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKjeeps View Post
I been wanting to ask the same question, but also would changing the backspacing on the wheels make it where they wouldn't stick out as far. I don't really want the change my width, but i have a set of Dana 60's that I picked up to resale and im half tempted to use them.
Yes but they are still going to stick out quite a bit if you don't get the 60's narrowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

I'm not looking for it to be like stock, I just want at least some of the tire in the wheel well. I don't want it to look all silly with the tire a foot and half away from the side of the jeep. I'll look around for set ups that illistrate this.
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You don't want this.

You want more like this.

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Unread 06-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
You want more like this.

Perfect, I like that, I'd be running 4-6 inch tubes on it, and that leaves just enough tire to get a good sprinkle in the mud.
Do you have any information on that second one? Maybe a link to its build thread?
Unread 06-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKjeeps View Post
Perfect, I like that, I'd be running 4-6 inch tubes on it, and that leaves just enough tire to get a good sprinkle in the mud.
Do you have any information on that second one? Maybe a link to its build thread?
It's my buddy's, no build. He is not even on here. PM me what you wanna know, I pretty much know everything about it.

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hummer 2 rims or late model Dodge rims have a lot of backspacing will tuck the tires in nicely without having to narrow the axles. My Jeep with fullwidth axles and Hummer 2 rims is a whole 2" wider than my other TJ with stock axles and 10" wide rims with 3.75" backspacing

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
DontTouchIt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I was planning to stretch it a little if I decide to run over a 37" tire. Its just another project, the first was to put waggy axles under and now I have the heavy duty hp dana 44 and want to run it and a rear dana 60 I have. I have been pulled over many a time for blown out tail lights or other random bull and not once for my tires. I do like the wide stance, feels great side hilling.
DontTouchIt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axles , build , dana , dana 44 , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.