Input for running 65" wms on a YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Input for running 65" wms on a YJ

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 06-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
DontTouchIt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Input for running 65" wms on a YJ

I am thinking about running a couple axles of a 79' F-250. They are 65" wms on both. Currently I am running 60" wms front and 58" wms rear. I am in the middle of building my own tube fenders f/r, so coverage wouldnt matter. I am looking for input as in stability and how road friendly it feels being a bit wider on every corner. Thanks.

DontTouchIt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

You might find the front more in the 67" range. But no issues.
Unread 06-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

does your state require full tire coverage on street driven vehicles?....if it does, those are gonna' be some very wide tube fenders
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
SadDayPanda

1987 J-Series Truck 

I been wanting to ask the same question, but also would changing the backspacing on the wheels make it where they wouldn't stick out as far. I don't really want the change my width, but i have a set of Dana 60's that I picked up to resale and im half tempted to use them.
SadDayPanda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTouchIt View Post
I am thinking about running a couple axles of a 79' F-250. They are 65" wms on both. Currently I am running 60" wms front and 58" wms rear. I am in the middle of building my own tube fenders f/r, so coverage wouldnt matter. I am looking for input as in stability and how road friendly it feels being a bit wider on every corner. Thanks.

Stability is better, you will lose your turning radius a bit. Overall you will be satisfied. Are you planning on a stretch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKjeeps View Post
I been wanting to ask the same question, but also would changing the backspacing on the wheels make it where they wouldn't stick out as far. I don't really want the change my width, but i have a set of Dana 60's that I picked up to resale and im half tempted to use them.
Yes but they are still going to stick out quite a bit if you don't get the 60's narrowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
SadDayPanda

1987 J-Series Truck 

I'm not looking for it to be like stock, I just want at least some of the tire in the wheel well. I don't want it to look all silly with the tire a foot and half away from the side of the jeep. I'll look around for set ups that illistrate this.
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You don't want this.

You want more like this.

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Unread 06-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
SadDayPanda

1987 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
You want more like this.

Perfect, I like that, I'd be running 4-6 inch tubes on it, and that leaves just enough tire to get a good sprinkle in the mud.
Do you have any information on that second one? Maybe a link to its build thread?
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKjeeps View Post
Perfect, I like that, I'd be running 4-6 inch tubes on it, and that leaves just enough tire to get a good sprinkle in the mud.
Do you have any information on that second one? Maybe a link to its build thread?
It's my buddy's, no build. He is not even on here. PM me what you wanna know, I pretty much know everything about it.

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hummer 2 rims or late model Dodge rims have a lot of backspacing will tuck the tires in nicely without having to narrow the axles. My Jeep with fullwidth axles and Hummer 2 rims is a whole 2" wider than my other TJ with stock axles and 10" wide rims with 3.75" backspacing
Unread 06-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
DontTouchIt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I was planning to stretch it a little if I decide to run over a 37" tire. Its just another project, the first was to put waggy axles under and now I have the heavy duty hp dana 44 and want to run it and a rear dana 60 I have. I have been pulled over many a time for blown out tail lights or other random bull and not once for my tires. I do like the wide stance, feels great side hilling.
DontTouchIt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
axles , build , dana , dana 44 , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.