im holding a gun to my head - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > im holding a gun to my head

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #31
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

how do i attach pics?

riverhippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #32
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
He doesnt need the cat but everything else he does. I know he's around my area and I would give him a hand if I had a general idea of where he's at.
Federal law (2500$ fine) and jeep forum rules state he needs a cat.

And these chuckle heads dont need pics of your girl...lol

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #33
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

im in troy
Unread 08-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #34
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You can attach pics with the little paper clip in the box you type in. Troy is close by on my way home from work. I'm in Auburn Hills at the Tech Center. If you need help doing the head gasket let me know. I'll be back in town Monday. Good luck.....Remember the pic of the GF.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #35
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

okeedok...anyone have an experience like this? when i hit a bump, the jeep hesitates....almost to backfire.
Unread 08-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #36
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
You can attach pics with the little paper clip in the box you type in. Troy is close by on my way home from work. I'm in Auburn Hills at the Tech Center. If you need help doing the head gasket let me know. I'll be back in town Monday. Good luck.....Remember the pic of the GF.
there is no paperclip....i guess i dont have enough posts yet. i tried to attach to my profile and it didnt work....ill try to make it my avatar pic.
Unread 08-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #37
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverhippy View Post
there is no paperclip....i guess i dont have enough posts yet. i tried to attach to my profile and it didnt work....ill try to make it my avatar pic.
Yeah Que is the man when you got electric and vac probs. I kinda snuck in the back door and kept posting until I had enough for pics which is very rare for me. I have family out there in Mich (ann arbor and bay city) but its been a while like 10 yrs. Gonna have to hook up with you guys if I ever get a chance. Usually I pass thru the QEW from Buffalo into Detroit. I was into fab and welding for a living till I got disabled but I can still do a bit.
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #38
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

This would *appear* to be the picture you're trying to post based on your gallery?

1979 Golden Eagle Rebuild
MightyLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #39
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverhippy View Post
okeedok...anyone have an experience like this? when i hit a bump, the jeep hesitates....almost to backfire.
Yeah I had that a while. Anytime it got off level, it would hesitate, sputter, pop and bang. Main thing is the fuel pump assuming that you had at least 1/2 tank good lines and filter. pressure regulator wouldn't hurt either. I wound up changing the whole thing after a real bad night, and you have to admit that these things are like 20 yrs old. Took me like 5 hrs to get home. I recommend that you check it out before it bites you.
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #40
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

i still get the sputtering when the fuel pressure is solid. is there another test for fuel pump?
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #41
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

It was suggested i get an ecm from the junk yard...which im gonna do. i know that the cherokee will work, what are the models years and engine sizes that i can swap the ecm with?
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #42
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyLampshade View Post
This would *appear* to be the picture you're trying to post based on your gallery?

yea...but the pic was too big, her legs are great tho the only reason i post her pic is so everyone understands the need to fix the jeep and take my girl to the beech
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #43
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
Federal law (2500$ fine) and jeep forum rules state he needs a cat.

And these chuckle heads dont need pics of your girl...lol
i bought it w no cat...the rest of the bypasses were to narrow the prob down. seems the codes im getting are b.s. i replace the part and it still codes...all things are pointing to the ecm. is there any way to test it other than a replacement?
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #44
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you know somebody who has an ECM that you could try; however, your description sounds exactly like what mine did when my coil went out. It would run great for a few minutes (in the dead of winter) and then go straight to crap. It throws all the codes because it is experiencing those issues (due to little or no ignition).

Think about it, your O2 sensor pops a code because there is fuel in the exhaust that isn't burned... because it was never ignited.... because you aren't getting spark.

If you've got fuel pressure (which normally indicates that you're getting fuel), and you have compression, then you're probably not getting spark. Toss a spark plug test light on (you can get one for just a few dollars) and let your Jeep idle until the problem happens again. When it starts bucking, if you're getting no light or intermittant light, you'll at least be able to narrow it down to ignition.

And if I can be honored to speak on behalf of the chuckle heads, the picture of the girlfriend definitely doens't hurt.
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #45
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantYJ View Post
If you know somebody who has an ECM that you could try; however, your description sounds exactly like what mine did when my coil went out. It would run great for a few minutes (in the dead of winter) and then go straight to crap. It throws all the codes because it is experiencing those issues (due to little or no ignition).

Think about it, your O2 sensor pops a code because there is fuel in the exhaust that isn't burned... because it was never ignited.... because you aren't getting spark.

If you've got fuel pressure (which normally indicates that you're getting fuel), and you have compression, then you're probably not getting spark. Toss a spark plug test light on (you can get one for just a few dollars) and let your Jeep idle until the problem happens again. When it starts bucking, if you're getting no light or intermittant light, you'll at least be able to narrow it down to ignition.

And if I can be honored to speak on behalf of the chuckle heads, the picture of the girlfriend definitely doens't hurt.
definitely get a cat on there...and honestly, if a girl like that liked me, i don't know that i could have the intestinal fortitude to say go away. hope things work out my friend.

Tags
backfiring , help please , loss of power , sputters , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.