I'm happy!! and a little worried - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I'm happy!! and a little worried

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-05-2002, 07:36 AM   #1
Dan Morera

I'm happy!! and a little worried

I just put my new set of tires yesterday, and some adjustments to my rig, turns out that what I thought was a 2.5"lift with about 1" shackles ended up with a total lift of about 4.5". It feels BIG. The only people I can see in my rear view mirror are bus and truck drivers. Pictures coming soon.

My only problem is vibration, can't get rid of it.
How long can I ride it with a medium vibration?? I mean u-joints will break but how often?? I don't have the money for a SYE yet. So it going to have to work like this for a couple of months.

Unread 04-05-2002, 10:33 PM   #2
KYgreenYJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

I got a 3.5 inch BDS lift and it was really really tall (like maybe 4 or 5) my dad almost didn't let me drive it home. But it setteled down and now its around 3 or 3.5, 2 months later so i'd say give it some time if you can stand the vibrations.

Old Jeep, SOLD:
94 Green YJ SE 4.0L 5spd
3.5" BDS lift, 1"MML/BL, Revolvers, SYE/CV, no track bars or sway bars, MORE sport cage
Green Jeep Club Member #20
KYgreenYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.