I'm about to give up on the g/d thing!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I'm about to give up on the g/d thing!!!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 02-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #31
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain-gler View Post
@idaholtby
The broken o ring was allowing fuel to dump past the injector into the intake when the pump primed and while cranking. After I replaced it, I had no problems whatsoever. She starts right up and sprays pretty good.

@MJMPC
I swapped a 91+ MPI engine to my 89 TBI set up. I changed in my old TBI intake manifold and kept my TBI computer, wiring and set up.

Ahhhh, that explains it. I thought you were running the MPFI. Funny how these little details can make a huge difference. Glad to hear you got it running

idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #32
rain-gler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

hey guys thanks for all the encouragement.

I got it running...
doors off...
top off...
daylight savings extended light...
record breaking warm temps...

Having the time of my life
rain-gler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #33
SkullTripper
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
hey guys thanks for all the encouragement.

I got it running...
doors off...
top off...
daylight savings extended light...
record breaking warm temps...

Having the time of my life
Thats a great stroy man... this is one of my favorite threads... now get us some pics of this thing before we jynx ya

[COLOR="Lime"][B]My 1987 Jeep Wrangler Build..[/B][/COLOR]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/z-o-r-v-87yj-build-slow-978747/[/url]
SkullTripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #34
rain-gler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

thanks but it is not a looker at all.

I want to get about 1000 miles on the swapped in engine while driving in all types of conditions because I consider it reliable and can then close and tuck everything and start restoring it aesthetically.

I'm the sort who hates having to junk a car with tread left or gas in the tank.LOL

As of now there are 770 miles on the 'new' engine. I have leaked about 1 1/2 quarts of oil so far. Yup, the main seal, and I read several threads where ones suggested that the main seal should be changed since the engine was out. Did I listen? And I had to take the motor out a 2nd time because I didnt know to swap the flywheel.

So far, the only thing I didnt get my money's worth on parts was a stupid toy rear bumper that I misread on Ebay. I was expecting a nice sized package on my porch from Fed Ex and there is this small little box sitting inside my storm door. I thought it was a token of appreciation from the seller but then I re-read the listing and it sure enough said "RC". I was assuming "rock crawler" but it turned out to be "remote control".

Doohhh!
Unread 04-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #35
TDHofstetter

Quote:
thanks but it is not a looker at all.

I want to get about 1000 miles on the swapped in engine while driving in all types of conditions because I consider it reliable and can then close and tuck everything and start restoring it aesthetically.

I'm the sort who hates having to junk a car with tread left or gas in the tank.LOL

As of now there are 770 miles on the 'new' engine. I have leaked about 1 1/2 quarts of oil so far. Yup, the main seal, and I read several threads where ones suggested that the main seal should be changed since the engine was out. Did I listen? And I had to take the motor out a 2nd time because I didnt know to swap the flywheel.

So far, the only thing I didnt get my money's worth on parts was a stupid toy rear bumper that I misread on Ebay. I was expecting a nice sized package on my porch from Fed Ex and there is this small little box sitting inside my storm door. I thought it was a token of appreciation from the seller but then I re-read the listing and it sure enough said "RC". I was assuming "rock crawler" but it turned out to be "remote control".

Doohhh!
Quote:
"RC"

Quote:
"RC"

Quote:
"RC"

Quote:
"RC"

Quote:
"RC"

(snif)

Sorry... I'm not laughin' AT ya, I'm laughin' FOR ya. I've been VERY CLOSE to that same spot myself a couple times. I've ALSO been in the position of hoping like crazy that somebody else'd beat my bid...

So what's wrong with "not a looker at all"? C'mon - cough up the PICS! Here's my Renegade:

Tub's saggin' around the frame everywhere... I can Flintstone the whole driver's side...

...but there's a FUTURE for it:

TDHofstetter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #36
rain-gler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

LOL. I dont feel so bad now.

But at least you're making money plowing.

Also lol @ hoping someone beats your bid.

I started a thread in Discussions asking for pics of the worse looking drivable jeep.

New thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...9/#post9217302

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.