I'm about to give up on the g/d thing!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I'm about to give up on the g/d thing!!!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #31
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain-gler View Post
@idaholtby
The broken o ring was allowing fuel to dump past the injector into the intake when the pump primed and while cranking. After I replaced it, I had no problems whatsoever. She starts right up and sprays pretty good.

@MJMPC
I swapped a 91+ MPI engine to my 89 TBI set up. I changed in my old TBI intake manifold and kept my TBI computer, wiring and set up.

Ahhhh, that explains it. I thought you were running the MPFI. Funny how these little details can make a huge difference. Glad to hear you got it running

idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #32
rain-gler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

hey guys thanks for all the encouragement.

I got it running...
doors off...
top off...
daylight savings extended light...
record breaking warm temps...

Having the time of my life
rain-gler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #33
SkullTripper
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
hey guys thanks for all the encouragement.

I got it running...
doors off...
top off...
daylight savings extended light...
record breaking warm temps...

Having the time of my life
Thats a great stroy man... this is one of my favorite threads... now get us some pics of this thing before we jynx ya

[COLOR="Lime"][B]My 1987 Jeep Wrangler Build..[/B][/COLOR]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/z-o-r-v-87yj-build-slow-978747/[/url]
SkullTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #34
rain-gler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

thanks but it is not a looker at all.

I want to get about 1000 miles on the swapped in engine while driving in all types of conditions because I consider it reliable and can then close and tuck everything and start restoring it aesthetically.

I'm the sort who hates having to junk a car with tread left or gas in the tank.LOL

As of now there are 770 miles on the 'new' engine. I have leaked about 1 1/2 quarts of oil so far. Yup, the main seal, and I read several threads where ones suggested that the main seal should be changed since the engine was out. Did I listen? And I had to take the motor out a 2nd time because I didnt know to swap the flywheel.

So far, the only thing I didnt get my money's worth on parts was a stupid toy rear bumper that I misread on Ebay. I was expecting a nice sized package on my porch from Fed Ex and there is this small little box sitting inside my storm door. I thought it was a token of appreciation from the seller but then I re-read the listing and it sure enough said "RC". I was assuming "rock crawler" but it turned out to be "remote control".

Doohhh!
Unread 04-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #35
TDHofstetter

Quote:
thanks but it is not a looker at all.

I want to get about 1000 miles on the swapped in engine while driving in all types of conditions because I consider it reliable and can then close and tuck everything and start restoring it aesthetically.

I'm the sort who hates having to junk a car with tread left or gas in the tank.LOL

As of now there are 770 miles on the 'new' engine. I have leaked about 1 1/2 quarts of oil so far. Yup, the main seal, and I read several threads where ones suggested that the main seal should be changed since the engine was out. Did I listen? And I had to take the motor out a 2nd time because I didnt know to swap the flywheel.

So far, the only thing I didnt get my money's worth on parts was a stupid toy rear bumper that I misread on Ebay. I was expecting a nice sized package on my porch from Fed Ex and there is this small little box sitting inside my storm door. I thought it was a token of appreciation from the seller but then I re-read the listing and it sure enough said "RC". I was assuming "rock crawler" but it turned out to be "remote control".

Doohhh!
Quote:
"RC"

Quote:
"RC"

Quote:
"RC"

Quote:
"RC"

Quote:
"RC"

(snif)

Sorry... I'm not laughin' AT ya, I'm laughin' FOR ya. I've been VERY CLOSE to that same spot myself a couple times. I've ALSO been in the position of hoping like crazy that somebody else'd beat my bid...

So what's wrong with "not a looker at all"? C'mon - cough up the PICS! Here's my Renegade:

Tub's saggin' around the frame everywhere... I can Flintstone the whole driver's side...

...but there's a FUTURE for it:

TDHofstetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #36
rain-gler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

LOL. I dont feel so bad now.

But at least you're making money plowing.

Also lol @ hoping someone beats your bid.

I started a thread in Discussions asking for pics of the worse looking drivable jeep.

New thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...9/#post9217302

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.