Ignition Switch Probs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ignition Switch Probs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-30-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
Bnabb
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ignition Switch Probs

Ota this is kind of a long story so I'll try and shorten it:
So I got my Jeep (93 YJ 4 cyl)
2years ago and it had a toggle switch in it to start it(you hafta turn the key on the flip the swith on and off then you can go ahead and start it).
Well I'm tired of it finally and I would like to get rid of it.
Here's the setup:
toggle switch connected to a green wire and a red wire. Wires ran through firewall and red wire has a built in fuse. Red wire is spliced into a gray wire and the green wire is spliced into a yellow and orangeish wire.
Today I tried to hool the green and red wire and no luck. Then i tried to unhook the green and red wires completly and just have the gray wire and the yellow orange wire run strait through and no luck and I tried unhooking everything and no luck.
I am not very electrically inclined but I'm done with this switch i would like it out if anyone has any ideas it would help a lot!!!

Bnabb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
kormanmike

Here are the wire diagrams for your ignition switch

kormanmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Bnabb
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Your pictures are working
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
kormanmike

I could email them to you.
kormanmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #5
Bnabb
1993 YJ Wrangler 

That would be awesome. Bnabb0618@yahoo.com

Tags
electrical , ignition , switch , wire , wires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.