ignition switch help! please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ignition switch help! please

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
sloppyrodpumper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

ignition switch help! please

new guy here go easy. I bought a 88 wrangler with the drive train out of a 76 wagoneer. 360 auto. anyway my key fell out in the on position. and lost it in mud. Now i pulled the steering wheel off and stopped their. I would like to change the ign,. switch. I see a ring on the shaft that looks like it holds the spring loaded plate on. thats where im at. Can anyone help me step by step to get me to the ign, switch, thanks and I hope that I can help someone else out with other info. thanks

sloppyrodpumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Rustywrangler posted a link to a site a month or so ago with a good write up. I saved the link but that was on my home computer. I won't be home for another 4 hrs. If he hasn't posted up by then, I'll post it for you.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
sloppyrodpumper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe
Rustywrangler posted a link to a site a month or so ago with a good write up. I saved the link but that was on my home computer. I won't be home for another 4 hrs. If he hasn't posted up by then, I'll post it for you.
that would be great thanks
sloppyrodpumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Here is a good link for the complete tear down of the column (prolly the link I posted):
http://www.epiccomputer.com/dale/jee...tilt/tilt.html

And here is a link that Big N Broke YJ posted up with a diagram of the switch:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...86&postcount=2

Hope this helps you out. Just take your time and get the stinkin pullers from autozone (advanceauto wont have both) They save a TON of time.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler
Here is a good link for the complete tear down of the column (prolly the link I posted):
http://www.epiccomputer.com/dale/jee...tilt/tilt.html

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.