Ignition Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ignition Problems

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-27-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
03WrnglerSahara
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ignition Problems

I own a 1994 YJ Manual Shift...Ok so I installed 2 new KC Offroad lights today and when I went to start my jeep it wouldnt start checked my ignition coil it was not sparking, so I replaced it and still it will not start now its too dark to get any work done and I would like some advice on what to try next.

Also i've never had this problem before but my clutch (fairly new less than a year) doesnt seem to work, i can shift freely among gears with out having to press down the clutch whats the deal with that? This happened after the installation of the auxiliary lights btw.

03WrnglerSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
bobbert350

im guessing your motor cranks right??...also are you sure that you didnt disconnect one of the wires that would give you a spark...i did something like that when i put my msd in one of the wires that ran to the coil got disconnected or clipped from the previous owner it was the purple wire and it gave no spark...thats prob not gonna help but worth a shot.
88 jeep wrangler, 4.2, auto---cragar soft 8's, d35 locker, bucket seats with 5 point harnesses, warn bumper w/ grill gaurd, winch plate, kc daylighters, light bar, herc the interrior, rebuilt tranny (yay) with tranny cooler, winch and msd ignition, 3.5 inch fabtech lift, currie boomerang shackles f/r, weber carb...[B]

[B]Why only go anywere fast when you can go anywhere[/B]
bobbert350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #3
Bob_R
1991 YJ Wrangler 

did you use a relay or did you wire hot to the switch?
Unread 02-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #4
03WrnglerSahara
2008 JK Wrangler 

The wiring that came with the lights has a built in relay. In any case I have a wire (yellow) connected to the battery and another wire (white) connected to the right headlight per the directions...everything has been grounded correctly and all the electricals work, headlights new aux lights radio etc, it does crank just wont turn over, tomorrow im going to check all my fuses and wires make sure everything is connected and then check my spark plugs. any other ideas?
Unread 02-28-2007, 06:51 AM   #5
sprngrider
1994 YJ Wrangler 

When any car is off, you can shift gears without the clutch. Since you installed the lights, have you tried to charge your battery? It sounds like maybe you drained it.
sprngrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:46 AM   #6
03WrnglerSahara
2008 JK Wrangler 

just replaced the battery and still nothing it cranks but wont turn over
Unread 02-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
03WrnglerSahara
2008 JK Wrangler 

just wanted to say i found the problem...it seems when i was moving around stuff to find a space to put my wires for the lights thru i knocked around the PCM which in turn prevented a current from getting to my ignition coil but anyway i re-tighted the bolt on the PCM and shes rumblin like thunder again i'll post picks of the lights and the re painted dash tomorrow after i take pics
Unread 11-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
redgolds
1991 YJ Wrangler 

folks, I undersstand this post is a few years old

But, what doespcm stand for and do I have one on my 1991 wrangler? 2.5L engine
redgolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #9
stevedude19
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgolds View Post
folks, I undersstand this post is a few years old

But, what doespcm stand for and do I have one on my 1991 wrangler? 2.5L engine
i think its the same as ecu/ecm - the computer for the jeep
Unread 11-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #10
redgolds
1991 YJ Wrangler 

ok thanks
redgolds is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.