ignition problem - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ignition problem

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #16
shift10gears
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks laybackman for your help. My email addy is shocks84u@gmail.com just in case. Maybe there is a service manual out there for download? so the pink connector is for front or rear defroster? what is connector imag1263 that says qc10 on it used for? so since my accessories are working the ignition switch is still good? is there a way to check it? so I don't have to buy another one? or do I just move it up to see if that solves the problem of it not starting with key to on position. If I need another switch can you please send a ebay link of right switch to buy. I think the rust is from my soft top not being on right. I found water in the jeep from when it rained. I will fix the pink wire with butt splice thanks for that one. what about a problem with my blinker arrow light staying on the digital dash screen. how do I fix that. also my dash lights for mpg, tach(main dash gauges), gas and water(above shifter gauges) don't work. I know they are in two different areas but do you think they are just burned out blubs gauges? last question is the horn and starter relays under the hood in the main distribution block? once again sorry for all the dumb questions, trying to fix this jeep up for my son it was suppose to be a graduation present until they stole it. I'm just try to fix it before he goes to school. btw thanks and thanks for everyone's input

shift10gears is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #17
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift10gears View Post
Thanks laybackman for your help. My email addy is shocks84u@gmail.com just in case. Maybe there is a service manual out there for download? so the pink connector is for front or rear defroster? what is connector imag1263 that says qc10 on it used for? so since my accessories are working the ignition switch is still good? is there a way to check it? so I don't have to buy another one? or do I just move it up to see if that solves the problem of it not starting with key to on position. If I need another switch can you please send a ebay link of right switch to buy. I think the rust is from my soft top not being on right. I found water in the jeep from when it rained. I will fix the pink wire with butt splice thanks for that one. what about a problem with my blinker arrow light staying on the digital dash screen. how do I fix that. also my dash lights for mpg, tach(main dash gauges), gas and water(above shifter gauges) don't work. I know they are in two different areas but do you think they are just burned out blubs gauges? last question is the horn and starter relays under the hood in the main distribution block? once again sorry for all the dumb questions, trying to fix this jeep up for my son it was suppose to be a graduation present until they stole it. I'm just try to fix it before he goes to school. btw thanks and thanks for everyone's input
That pink plug is for the rear defroster switch for a hard top. BUT that does you no good IF the tub harness does not have the wiring for the rear defroster.
I have ne freakin' memory as I am old and abused. So any picture of a plug is important if it is of the wires going into the back of it and a side shot or two and most importantly a shot of the face of the plug. Keep in min d that if you cannot find a plug for it to plug into it is probably not used on your particular setup currently

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #18
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Laybackman. I sent him the link to the YouTube Redneck Garage to download the manuals for the 93-95. What a bunch of A##h#####! Steal a kids Jeep graduation present!
Anyone that can help him rewire this and help him on this thread it would be appreciated. Please help him out.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #19
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Hey Laybackman. I sent him the link to the YouTube Redneck Garage to download the manuals for the 93-95. What a bunch of A##h#####! Steal a kids Jeep graduation present!
Anyone that can help him rewire this and help him on this thread it would be appreciated. Please help him out.
Hi Que89YJ! Thanks for jumping in here. When I read this post and what these bastards did to this YJ I felt so bad.

There is nothing I hate more than a thief. There is one thing I like about the middle eastern culture...how they punish thieves....chop, chop!

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #20
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yep, I had a problem in the old neighborhood. My Daytona got broke into, the broke the window and the idiots ripped the harness out stealing the radio. Replaced it and it happened a second time. Police came out and filed the report. I told the officer the next call to my place was going to be very different. He asked what I meant by that. I pointed to the window and I told him that it was a clear shot and the next time he had better bring some rags to wipe up the mess. Cops caught them in the next week after the "discussion". A kids first car and Jeep and someone has to come along and screw it up! I feel bad for the kid and his Dad is trying so hard to make it right.

This guy just did the IP harness replacement:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/9...ether-2482225/
He might be a good resource for you too.
Unread 06-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #21
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I found an IP harness unmolested for $50. I know you're on the road. PM or message here.
Unread 06-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #22
shift10gears
1994 YJ Wrangler 

just wanted to say thanks Que89yj with all your help.
shift10gears is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ignition , start problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.