ignition lock cylinder problems. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ignition lock cylinder problems.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
jeepstillhaslif
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ignition lock cylinder problems.

So I took my steering column apart with ease because I had to fix the plastic part that pushes the rod for the bright lights to work. So removed the lock cylinder fixed the bright lighta problem. Well when I pit everything back together, the jeep didn't want to start. So I pushed the lock cylinder in and it started. Then I noticed it wpuldnt start again. The buzzer works all the light etc just wouldnt atart. So again I pushes the lock cylinder in again and it started. So I took the steering column apart again and noticed that my lock cylinder wasnt seated properply and wasn't catching the other piece(don't know what's its called) properly and was causing it to scrape and take metal off. So i baught a new lock cylinder and replaced it. Same problem, so now I came to think that its the piece that suppose to slip into the lock cylinder. The peice that's connected to the rod that pushes it and lifts it up from the ignition switch. . I don't know what its called. I no it may sound confusing, but to those who tooken apart a steering column Hopefully no what I'm talking about.

jeepstillhaslif is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.