If I have a complete 4.0 can i do an MPI swap with the parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > If I have a complete 4.0 can i do an MPI swap with the parts?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 02-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
mudjive

If I have a complete 4.0 can i do an MPI swap with the parts?

I am just about to embark on an engine swap and think I have read everything on the internet pertaining to it... and my head is mush. Anyway, I have a complete 99 4.0 and wanted to know if i could just do the MPI swap on the existing 4.2? basically removing all the fuel injection parts from the 4.0 and moving them over? I have read a lot on the head swap and staying with a carb [dont want to do that at all] then when they go into the MPI they always talk about the kits...?

Is this doable? does anyone have a link of someone who's done this?

Thanks.

mudjive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
RandyYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You might try posting on CJoffroad.com there's a whole section devoted to it and many questions regarding the 4.2
RandyYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If the 4.0 manifold bolts up to the 4.2 head which it should you should be able to but its a 40 hp gain using the 4.0 head alone. If you have it I would use it, it really wont be that much more work to pull the head when you have it stripped down that far already plus you get a new head gasket so thats one less thing to worry about later.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.