Idle increase when braking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Idle increase when braking

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Idle increase when braking

It sounds like I have a vacuum leak where my pedal pushes into the booster. I hear a vacuum inside the cab and my idle speed increases. I have not noticed a change in my braking while moving or sitting, the pedal holds it's place not going lower while pushed in. Does this sound like time for a new booster or can you just change the plunger?

Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

When the jeep is not running and you step on the brake, it holds solidly? Usually a rise in idle speed when pushing the brake is a leak in the booster diaphram . Google is your friend, amigo
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Actually I did google and did a search here, it seems opinions differ from that's normal, to you need a new booster. I figure it's the booster as I don't remember hearing the vacuum in the cab. Only thing throwing me off is my brakes act normal while driving, sitting at a light, and on a hill. I was hoping to do the bigger brake booster once a switch to the 8.8 and disc's so I can bleed and rebuild the front and back all at once. I guess I'll have to do the booster now.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Mine leaks and acts normal. I will fix mine sometime also. Same description as yours

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.