Ideas for anti theft system on Jeep - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ideas for anti theft system on Jeep

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 12-31-2009, 12:13 PM   #91
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I wired in a cut off switch to the fuel pump relay and put the switch in plain sight, that's always the best place to hide something. I've bet people to get in the Jeep and find the kill switch, I even tell them "you're looking at it" and nobody has found it yet. I would like to tell you where I put it but that sort of defeats the purpose.

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #92
iowajeepers
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftlanetruckin View Post
These work pretty good for me.....
Martin
Mine ain't big enough yet... Although she might be able to lick a perp to death...

1994 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2000 XJ, 2004 WJ, 1976 Stingray
iowajeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 12:18 PM   #93
godzirra
1992 YJ Wrangler 

have ninja midgets hide under your jeep at all times so when the time comes wham-o they never even saw it comming
Unread 12-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #94
GA95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i have the "hidden switch" in my jeep, however mine isn't a toggle switch. it's a magnetic relay switch installed behind the dash. swipe a magnet (on my key chain) over the dash and the switch is on and the vehicle can start. swipe it when you turn off the jeep and the ignition doesn't get power.
Unread 12-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #95
haus55
1991 YJ Wrangler 

yeah you could put the rfid chip in your head or hand for convenience, then if something "bad" happens the government can use it to track you and "correct" the situation.
haus55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #96
ChicagoYJ
Yes, I Understand!

1989 YJ Wrangler 

This is what I use. It's stronger and more secure than the club. I 've seen the club cut with a good quality bolt cutter. This comes with an "AMERICAN" brand pad lock. It cost me $69.00. Very well made. The steel is pretty thick, you ain't prying this open. I use it 24/7 in the spring/summer and early fall when I'm topless and doorless.

Lok-Itt Security Products

Here's a closer picture of it.
http://simjack.com:8185/lokitt1.jpg
http://simjack.com:8185/Lokitt%20images/306a.JPG
http://simjack.com:8185/Lokitt%20images/306b.JPG

And yes I understand that if they want it they'll get it, but why make it easy for them to take it.
The pro will take it no matter what. The joy rider won't risk it it.
ChicagoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 10:22 PM   #97
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoYJ View Post
This is what I use. It's stronger and more secure than the club. I 've seen the club cut with a good quality bolt cutter. This comes with an "AMERICAN" brand pad lock. It cost me $69.00. Very well made. The steel is pretty thick, you ain't prying this open. I use it 24/7 in the spring/summer and early fall when I'm topless and doorless.

Lok-Itt Security Products

Here's a closer picture of it.
http://simjack.com:8185/lokitt1.jpg
http://simjack.com:8185/Lokitt%20images/306a.JPG
http://simjack.com:8185/Lokitt%20images/306b.JPG

And yes I understand that if they want it they'll get it, but why make it easy for them to take it.
The pro will take it no matter what. The joy rider won't risk it it.
Is it a pain to take on and off when you drive?
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 10:55 PM   #98
ChicagoYJ
Yes, I Understand!

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Is it a pain to take on and off when you drive?
Not at all. Less than 30 seconds to slip on and lock and viceversa to take off.
I just toss on the passenger floor or back seat when I'm driving.

The only pain is to reach over to get it when I'm going to slip it on.

When I use to park in my garage (can't now the Jeep is too tall) I would put it on. Find a distributor near you, take a look at it you won't be disappointed.

I like this one better than the CarGard becuase it also locks your steering wheel. If they happen to get it started they can't get a full turn out of the steering wheel as opposed the the CarGard brand.

I've had both got rid of the CarGard for the Lok-Itt. The Lok-Itt is made of thicker steel.
ChicagoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #99
Mud-n-Beer
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Sometimes I wish someone would steal my Jeep, would take part of my misery away. I do however have the comprehensive insurance on her, just in case something would happen to her.
Unread 01-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #100
540i
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud-n-Beer View Post
Sometimes I wish someone would steal my Jeep, would take part of my misery away. I do however have the comprehensive insurance on her, just in case something would happen to her.
You better check with your insurance company, you may be supprised to find that you are paying a lot for nothing, value on an 89 YJ is probably about zero as far as the insurance company is conserned, you may be better off putting that comp payment in the bank.
540i is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #101
Maverick_jco3
1998 TJ Wrangler 

When my parents had to park in questionable areas is corpus christi, he'd take the distributer wire off and make my mom carry it in her purse. He loved it since it was a short wire. His previous had a real long wire so he didn't mess with it. My jeep came with an aftermarket alarm i never use. There is a little red momentary switch in the glove box. Is that a reset maybe. Thought maybe a kill switch but aren't those toggles or rockers?
Maverick_jco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #102
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540i View Post
You better check with your insurance company, you may be supprised to find that you are paying a lot for nothing, value on an 89 YJ is probably about zero as far as the insurance company is conserned, you may be better off putting that comp payment in the bank.
How do we find out what the value of our vehicle is in consideration to the insurance?
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #103
Jesse-James
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_jco3 View Post
There is a little red momentary switch in the glove box. Is that a reset maybe. Thought maybe a kill switch but aren't those toggles or rockers?
That's probably your valet button.
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #104
JOExFROMxNY
1988 YJ Wrangler 

This is interesting:

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking
JOExFROMxNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #105
YJJenkins
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I know this is from the first page and a while back but Ive never know this, is it actually true? I can't imagine its healthy for your tranny either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushead View Post
You dont need a clutch to shift. You can shift freely when the rpms are at the correct level without ever touching the clutch on a car. Clutches where made to make your life easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchrider View Post
YJ parts don't fit my YJ right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flame0086 View Post
When your realize there is no such thing as AA for jeep owners ;)
YJJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.