Ideas for anti theft system on Jeep - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ideas for anti theft system on Jeep

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #76
John-Boy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Do parking close and carrying a concealed .357 magnum work?

Seriously though, with my exhaust leak and flooding problem, it would take a thief 10 minutes to get to move without going dead if it's had time to cool down.

I doubt anyone around here would steal a vehicle from fire department parking lot...especially a dirty, topless YJ when it's 33 degrees outside. I'm usually not inside anywhere else long enough to worry about it. Nobody will steal it at home because it stays parked right outside my bedroom window! Well, that and the fact that I live 10 miles out in the middle of nowhere on a dead end road with only one way in and out - takes a jeep to get there.

Unread 12-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #77
madjeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I hear ya John Boy, I don't think I have ever taken my keys out of the ignition. I leave it running all the time to run in the store for coffee or whatever. That's why I live where I live.
Unread 12-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #78
Blazin Den
1995 YJ Wrangler 

this one uses the asd realy under the hood
Updated – TJ Theft Protection ADE/ADE-II w/Light Chaos - JeepsUnlimited.com Forums
https://secure48.mysecureorder.net/o...963bca787798e6

or this one
http://www.autospeed.com/A_107975/cms/article.html
95 White YJ 2.5L/AX-5 Stock on 31s. Ground Pounder Fab (BESRK) Front Bumper, Herculined Interior, Windshield/Front Bumper Mounted Lights, Uniden PRO 520XL Cb,Hidden Hitch Trailer Hitch, Bestop Supertop, Modified CJ7 Hardtop and CJ7 Twist Handle Full Doors (winter)
Blazin Den is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #79
Dhofstet
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A really cheap way to get a Lo Jack type service is buy a prepaid cell phone, wire it to always be charging, buy like 10 minutes for it, but then pay for Online GPS tracking through what ever website you choose, and if your car gets jacked you can track it.

Hide the phone somewhere good. I read this in a rice rocket car magazine, i guess it is Cholo Lo Jack. But they said it was cheaper than actual lo jack.

I live in Utah and am not too concerned with Anti Theft devices. I lock the doors and tail gate. carry my glock 17, and dont make enemies.

What part of So cal are you in? I grew up in Anaheim.
Unread 12-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #80
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well I was in San Diego in an area known for sexual predators
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #81
gone-broke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I put in an alarm with ignition kill, motion sensor, shock sensor, and a Proximity sensor. I also installed two 300db piezo tweeters on the dash facing the seats.. They are loud as hell in a very high pitched way. If someone actually gets inside, they wont be in there for long...
I was testing all the triggers after i installed it and forgot I had plugged in the sirens.. My ears were ringing for a good 15 min.
gone-broke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 01:13 AM   #82
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible2 View Post
Cant thieves just carry around a quick detach steering wheel too and put it on?
Yeah. agreed. But both you and the thief have to spend over $300 bones to make that possible. My point was to shy away from it. If someone wants a vehicle, they'll take it. I had my '89xj stolen cause the thieves couldnt carry the sub-boxes they pryed out of the rear cargo area very far. It went from a simple smash and grab to a loss of my first jeep. Thieves are relentless and will steal anything that might potentially sell for more money than effort put into it. I see it all the time. Its California. It sucks.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 01:16 AM   #83
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well I can just see good thieves being smart and always carrying a handy dandy quick detach steering wheel around. A good investment for them = ) $150 to buy but you get a free car!

And yea I ended up getting full comprehensive im tired of worrying so much about my vehicle getting stolen.
Unread 12-17-2009, 01:26 AM   #84
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible2 View Post
Well I can just see good thieves being smart and always carrying a handy dandy quick detach steering wheel around. A good investment for them = ) $150 to buy but you get a free car!

And yea I ended up getting full comprehensive im tired of worrying so much about my vehicle getting stolen.
$150 for a TJ? Now that its put that way, it seems like a great deal. But for a YJ? You couldnt sell enough of it off to make your money back. I had a friend south of my location who had his '95 YJ stolen and he ended up buying some of the parts back from the guy who stole it at a garage sale. Intrigued he asked to see more of the jeep to buy the whole thing and had the vehicle recovered and the guy thrown in prison. Happy ending for him, but he had to go without for almost a year. Dont know what the point is, just rambling.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 02:41 AM   #85
Jesse-James
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
$150 for a TJ? Now that its put that way, it seems like a great deal. But for a YJ? You couldnt sell enough of it off to make your money back.
You're out of your mind.
Unread 12-17-2009, 05:45 AM   #86
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The one time I got **** stolen from my Jeep, I left my windows down, soft top on, doors unlocked. the middle of my dash was out so I could adjust some radio wires and only held in by one screw, my knife was on my driver seat, subwoofer in the back...

Instead they stole my f'in gas cap! Not even the gas inside.

I was soooooooo pissed. I thought I had a fuel line leak cause the strong fuel smell. But no, someone REALLY wanted that Jeep gas cap.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #87
Meiacanthus
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know of an ADE system for the pre-1999 YJ's? Or will this system work:

Browser Warning
Meiacanthus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #88
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhajad View Post
The one time I got **** stolen from my Jeep, I left my windows down, soft top on, doors unlocked. the middle of my dash was out so I could adjust some radio wires and only held in by one screw, my knife was on my driver seat, subwoofer in the back...

Instead they stole my f'in gas cap! Not even the gas inside.

I was soooooooo pissed. I thought I had a fuel line leak cause the strong fuel smell. But no, someone REALLY wanted that Jeep gas cap.
haha thats too funny. life does that sometimes you would think they would take the more expensive thing, but they dont
Unread 12-18-2009, 07:32 AM   #89
Mud-n-Beer
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Put some dog **** on the drivers side floor board, or passenger side, really doesn't matter where ya put it, just don't put it on your seat, that should keep the stealers away.
Unread 12-31-2009, 12:40 PM   #90
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

curious has anyone thought of bio switches or finger print switches (similar to that on lap tops.)? then have a relay controlled circuit that kills the fuel and spark, don't place the switch in plain sight, and roll with it... I like the rfid setup that I read earlier I have thought of this same thing in the past. They have this setup on the high end cars like the Astin Martin, Bentley, even some of the high end Merc's and BMW's.

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.