ID connectors on engine block "What is it?".... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ID connectors on engine block "What is it?"....

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Chris Aunchman
1987 YJ Wrangler 

ID connectors on engine block "What is it?"....

Hey,
So I have a 1987 Wrangler 258 and need some help IDing a few things. I just stripped the motor completely, trying to clean it up in the by and jsut curious about a few connectors.
First:
What is the connector right below the oil pressure sending unit?
I'm guesing it is for the low oil pressure light??? I didn't even think I
had one.
Second:
After taking off the intake/exhaust mainfold I noticed on the last
freeze plug it looks like a little connector? What is it? Is this some
kind of coolant temp sensor?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Aunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

First- it's the oil pressure switch for the electric choke. Second- it sounds like you have a rebuilt engine in the Jeep. Rebuilders use an overheat tattle tale disc on the front most freeze plug. If you overheat the remanufactured engine in the warrenty period they can tell by that disc.
Have you been to this site? http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/ It may help you out.
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
Chris Aunchman
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, That is an AWESOME site!!! Correct me if I'm wrong though but I did a MC2100, best thing I ever did, last year and I don't think alot of that stuff pertains to me. I been wondering how much I can get rid of from under the hood. I have never seen a "overheat tattle tale disc", now the one I am looking at is the rear most freeze plug towards the rear of the engine. Would this come form the factory?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Aunchman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.