Ice Chest for yj88 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ice Chest for yj88

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-04-2001, 03:51 PM   #1
Dan Morera

Ice Chest for yj88

How do I fit an Icechest on my yj88 without doing any modification, with 4 people in it?

Unread 12-05-2001, 11:27 AM   #2
evilpsych

heh.. get a tire mounted safari rack..
or get a SMALLLL ice chest..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2001, 01:13 PM   #3
GothicJeep

You can always designate someone as the 'Offficial Cooler Holder"...

You said w/no mods, so I'm assuming $$'s an issue. 4WD hardware has an inexpensive rear tire carrier for like $60 that straps on and fits up to a 31x10.5. It's designed for coolers and will hold up to 75lbs of frothy trail beverages...

I'm at work, so I don't have the catalog in front of me so I'm not sure of the price or part #. You might want to check it out...

Goth...

'Blue Zombie' (My 2002 TJ SE)
30x9.5 Hi-Tec Muds, Olympic Dave's Rack, and a BUTTLOAD of tow hooks...

My blog! Dr. Zombie's Midnight Theater or Terror
GothicJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2001, 01:34 PM   #4
Dan Morera

My problem is that I'm in Costa Rica and there are no 4X4 Store's here. So I can't go to the Mall and pick up what ever I need.
Unread 12-05-2001, 02:26 PM   #5
GothicJeep

Costa Rica, huh? Cool...

I feel for ya man. I just gave 4WD a call and they ship internationally. Also went to their website and found the rack, check it out here:
web page

Now, I've never used this product, so I don't know whether or not it's cheap crap - but i saw it and thought it was a pretty good idea (I've also wondered what the heck you do w/the cooler when you don't have a trail rack.).

Thought it might suit your needs...

Goth...

'Blue Zombie' (My 2002 TJ SE)
30x9.5 Hi-Tec Muds, Olympic Dave's Rack, and a BUTTLOAD of tow hooks...

My blog! Dr. Zombie's Midnight Theater or Terror
GothicJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2001, 04:26 PM   #6
evilpsych

welll.. if you're in costa rica.. and you have access to fab equipment.. make your own.. or you could go get some pre threaded steel pipe and make one that way with elbows and straps

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.