I will be glad to have my jeep back from the shop. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I will be glad to have my jeep back from the shop.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-29-2004, 08:42 PM   #1
jc23jc23

I will be glad to have my jeep back from the shop.

My jeep is in the shop to get a new engin and a spring over. I'm so excited I can hardly sleep. I only wish I had enough $ for new tires and wheels to boot. Any way , Im going to go with 33-10.5-15. What do you think?
Im new here today and I like it so far. When I get my baby back from Tennessee Off Road I will send some pics.
95 Rio Grande and I love it. I bought it new and hope to keep it forever. . . . .

jc23jc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 04:46 AM   #2
raZe
1989 YJ Wrangler 

33x10.5x15's will look kind of small IMO. If your doing a SOA, i'd run 35's at the smallest, also you might want to look into stronger axles if you already havent swapped them out.

I'm running 37's on my SOA, with a ford 8.8 rear and a soon to be dana40 front!

I can't wait to see pics of your jeep when it's done, keep us posted!
raZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 06:32 AM   #3
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i have 33 x 10.5 with five inches of lift you will defintally will need to get 34 at least but i would go with 35. if you like the skinner tire swampers have a lot of big sizes in 10.5
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 07:53 AM   #4
David K.

have you seen the 10.5" tires next to a lifted vehicle???? Not too pretty (imho) when I finished my lift and and went for wheels the guy was showing me the 33's in both 10.5 and 12.5 because he thought I was trying to use the stocker rims.... the 10.5 looks smaller than the 2" would suggest. Check out the 12.50"w next to the lifted truck prior to putting the rubber on the rim. BTW/ since my lift, in the same vehicle you have>>>>> gas milage way down and highway driving is in 4th gear with no top and doors....with top and doors I can do 60mph in 5th, until I hit a hill. No more left lane driving. But worth it.
David K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 08:25 AM   #5
jc23jc23

I'm going to look into the 12.50 now thanks to you guys.Its nice to have people to ask questions to and get honest answers. Do you think my 15x8 wheels will be wide enough for a 12.50 width tire? " no more left lane driving " LOL . I agree with you , its worth it.
jc23jc23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.