JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   i think this effin jeep hates me--no spark (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i-think-effin-jeep-hates-me-no-spark-1415741/)

riverhippy 09-10-2012 03:52 PM

i think this effin jeep hates me--no spark

for like the millionth time i gotta list my specs:

91 wrangler
2.5 liter
standard trans

i just replaced the ignition module (the one at the end of the slider) and i still got no spark. it died on the highway and had no spark so all things pointed to replace it or so my stupid *** thought. did i miss reconnecting something or inadvertently disconnect something else?
if i die, im taking this effin jeep out first
:brickwall

Opihi59 09-10-2012 04:50 PM

You don't have to list your specs everytime you post a thread, just put all the details you can in your profile, it really helps for those who try to troubleshoot for you. I note that the information you posted shows in your profile.

Do you have a CEL light that comes on? That would tell you the ECU is at least getting power. Next thing, do you hear the fuel pump kick on briefly when you turn the key to the run position. Do you have fuel pressure at the rail?--that would tell you your fuel pump is working. If your CEL comes on, do you get any codes?

Check your relays/fuses, make sure those are working.

There are other directions to go, but need to know the above to know the right branch point to head down.

Jeep doesn't hate you, it's just wanting some love and attention.

riverhippy 09-10-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opihi59 (Post 14148719)
You don't have to list your specs everytime you post a thread, .....
Do you have a CEL light that comes on? ..... Next thing, do you hear the fuel pump kick on briefly when you turn the key to the run position...... If your CEL comes on, do you get any codes?
Check your relays/fuses, make sure those are working.

Jeep doesn't hate you, it's just wanting some love and attention.

in reverse order: nah...jeep hates me...reminds of this girl we used to call maggot...dated her for three years...and omfg...lemme tell youuuuu...(i could write a dissertation on the magster) jeep needs a kick in the tail pipe

codes: 12 (no s**t) 33 (no a/c) 23 (broke wire...runs at default setting..and good) 54 (never had this one before)

the new fuel pump i put in is quiet as priest gettin a bj in a confessional booth but i do faintly smell gas...i can check for pressure if needed

fuses are good and i just switched around the relays with same results.

there is still No Spark

i always get one guy that asks for the specs, since theyre trying to help, i don't ever say "look at my profile dumazzzz"

there are very very few like you Senyor (sic) Opi...knowledgeable, helpful and doesn't ask previously asked questions that ive answered six times...lol

Opihi59 09-10-2012 05:31 PM

That 54 should be your answer--would be the Cam sensor in the Dizzy not sending. Your sequence shoulda ended with a 55 meaning "all done, no more codes."

riverhippy 09-10-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opihi59 (Post 14148923)
That 54 should be your answer--would be the Cam sensor in the Dizzy not sending. Your sequence shoulda ended with a 55 meaning "all done, no more codes."

yessa...i forgot to add the ending code of 55... my cam sensor in the dizzy? pardon my Francais, but, WTF is my dizzy? or is that like a snoop dog thing where everything ends in izzy?

czjeeper 09-10-2012 08:33 PM

Distributor = dizzy

riverhippy 09-11-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by czjeeper (Post 14149902)
Distributor = dizzy

nooooo wizzyyyy...if thats true...it will be the most stupidsimple solizzy evuh on the deathwish jeepizzy.

cross yr boobs...ill keep u postizzy

Apollo12227 09-11-2012 07:11 AM

The cam sensor also goes by the name "distributor pickup" or "stator" as well. And by the way it's a real pain to change as you have to pull the entire distributor. I just paid alittle more and replaced my whole distributor since I had to pull it anyway. Really wasn't that much more.

pete1991YJ 09-11-2012 07:34 AM

Hey Riverhippy --

Like they say its the cam position sensor, which is located inside the distributor, underneath the rotor. You can get a new sensor for $50 or get the entire new distributor for about $80 at autozone. The ECU needs to see both signals from the cam sensor *and* the crank sensor for it to run.

I think I'll cross my nuts instead ;)

Que89YJ 09-11-2012 08:57 AM

LOL Riverhippy my old friend! Surprised you didn't call!
Sounds like you found a part you haven't replaced yet!
I wouldn't ever admit to dating a girl I called Maggot. You are hilarious.
If you need help you know where to go....
I sure there are plenty of people that have told you to go there!
If you need anything let me know. Yep, Opihi is awesome. You really have to love this forum and the peeps here.

riverhippy 09-11-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Que89YJ (Post 14151695)
LOL Riverhippy my old friend! Surprised you didn't call!
Sounds like you found a part you haven't replaced yet!
I wouldn't ever admit to dating a girl I called Maggot. You are hilarious.
If you need help you know where to go....
I sure there are plenty of people that have told you to go there!
If you need anything let me know. Yep, Opihi is awesome. You really have to love this forum and the peeps here.

QueDOG!!!!! my phone smoked and took all my contacts with it...reminds me of my ex somehow...weird, huh. so drop me a numb when u get a chance

she didnt call herself maggot...but all my friends did...hahaha...everyone should date a crazybeech 2 years and 9 mos longer than they should have. (in fact, i was trying to brake up with her at the 3 mos..im such a puss)

riverhippy 09-13-2012 03:40 AM

gonna buy a motorcycle...my jeep is stupid

ok...code 54 where are you....i pulled the distributor and the new one wont fit....its not a rotation issue...i did all that.
the old one had some seriously chewed up teeth. the new one won't fit in...did they gimme the wrong one?

help me jeezus

Que89YJ 09-13-2012 05:35 AM

You need to look down inside and make sure the cam gear isnt chewed up.

Apollo12227 09-13-2012 06:57 AM

My buddy YJake's 2.5 had chewed up distributor teeth as well. It took forever to get the new distributor in and clocked correctly. The good news is that you've found your problem. The bad news is it took quite literally forever for us to get the new on functioning. Just make sure, after it's installed, that when you crank the motor with the distributor cap off and coil to cap wire unplugged that the rotor still spins when the engine is cranking. You have big problems if the rotor has any miss to it at all when cranking.

riverhippy 09-14-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo12227 (Post 14160652)
My buddy YJake's 2.5 had chewed up distributor teeth as well. It took forever to get the new distributor in and clocked correctly. The good news is that you've found your problem. The bad news is it took quite literally forever for us to get the new on functioning. Just make sure, after it's installed, that when you crank the motor with the distributor cap off and coil to cap wire unplugged that the rotor still spins when the engine is cranking. You have big problems if the rotor has any miss to it at all when cranking.

FML...of course!!!!! its MY jeep. what else could it have been? soon, ill have to cut off my left butt cheek and remove the rear end to change the spark plugs...why you ask? Because its my dumbazz piece-o-shyt!! effing hate this thing....im gonna chop it up and just give the parts away to people i hate.....

this jeep ****ing sucks

ok...i feel better now.

should I use some sort of lube on the gears to help it fit in (that just doesn't sound right)

The time now is 12:53 PM.