I read 3 Check Engine Codes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I read 3 Check Engine Codes

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
wranglin5
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I read 3 Check Engine Codes

My Check Engine light came on about a week ago. It came on the first day it got kinda cold like 45 degrees. I let the jeep warm up for like a minute, then went driving. I had to kinda gun it to get through a yellow light and thats when it came on for the first time. My codes read 11 41 and 17. ignition, alternator field, and engine running too cool. when i turn the jeep on the light doesnt come on, but when i get up to like 30 and above is when it comes on and it stays on untill i turn the car off. then when i turn it on again it stays off untill i hit like 30 and up. what do yall think is wrong with it? thanks for any input CORRECTION. i think i read it wrong and it might be 24 Throttle position sensor and 27 fuel injector control. which makes more sense? its on my 92 not my 95 if that helps narrow it down. i got 1 11 1111 1 1 1111111. i think the 2 lone flashes are supposed to be together.

Unread 11-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I do not feel you are interpreting the flashes correctly. It should always end in a 55 "end of codes." If you're uncertain, post up a vid of your sequence from start to finish and we'll help from there.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
wranglin5
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i know i just didnt put the 55 because i knew the 55 meant it was over. the temperature gauge is reading 100, so i guess its busted, would that cause the check engine light to come on?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.