I offically love my jeep. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I offically love my jeep.

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
BrokeJoke
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I offically love my jeep.

It came down to the point of either

a) buy a new car

b) dump a load of cash into the jeep

I chose B

All today

-New water pump
-New thermostat
-New plugs
-New serpentine belt
-1.5" shackle lift
-Bought old Wrangler rims, wet sanded them, primered them, painted them flat black
-New 31.5x15x10 goodyear Trail Cats
-Exo rusted the bumpers
-Repainted the mirrors

I rolled on it and got it ALL done today

at the tune of 940 dollars

But I LOVE it now, like a brand new vehicle to me

Last edited by BrokeJoke; 07-17-2007 at 12:21 AM..
BrokeJoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 12:15 AM   #2
MuDD OlllllllO

Smart move- new cars are EXPENSIVE, and Jeeps never get too old!

Oh yeah, and post pics!
33" Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers
Rubicon Rocker Guards, MasterFlow OBA
MuDD OlllllllO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
BrokeJoke
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuDD OlllllllO
Smart move- new cars are EXPENSIVE, and Jeeps never get too old!

Oh yeah, and post pics!
I use to have a nice camera until some decided they wanted it more than me
Unread 07-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
Ares
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ahh yes, its always fun to INSTALL the money into the jeep and enjoy it . I love it.

It somehow isn't nearly as fun when your at the purchase point and looking at your wallet tho...deciding how much lighter its going to be....

Any small digital device seems to attract the finest of people who are passing by

Axle Information Thread
Oil Filter Study
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
YJsahara

That the best thing about jeeps. There is some many options for parts you can keep it new as you like.
YJsahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Good decision on the repair work. I'm with you man. This summer I replaced a fender, bought full doors, repainted my hood, new soft top (for the full doors), new tailgate, POR-15 my frame and floorboards, new front shocks, new rear shocks and leafs, plus the cost of a new paint gun, paint and all the materials I went through I spent over $1,200 on it.

I'm almost done. Just gotta wet sand my doors and buff them! Hope to finish this afternoon!
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
BrokeJoke
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Jack
Good decision on the repair work. I'm with you man. This summer I replaced a fender, bought full doors, repainted my hood, new soft top (for the full doors), new tailgate, POR-15 my frame and floorboards, new front shocks, new rear shocks and leafs, plus the cost of a new paint gun, paint and all the materials I went through I spent over $1,200 on it.

I'm almost done. Just gotta wet sand my doors and buff them! Hope to finish this afternoon!
Very nice!

I forgot to mention Im getting it painted flat black with with grey letter next week.

Friend is doing it.

All the body work and gunning it for 200 bucks
Unread 07-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
fastone110
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet. I wish I could give my Jeep some lovin to day.
'88 yj wrangler 2.5L /w 3.5 black diamond suspension lift, 2" body lift, 1 1/4" shackles, detroit gearless front locker, lockright in rear, posi-lok, traction bars off, no sway, 35x12.50x15 baja claws on homemade beadlocks, 4.10 gears protected by homemade diff covers, TFI, herculined, 8000lb winch, GenRight Bumbers, BrownDog 1''MML, JB SYE, flowmaster, custom YJ dash, kicker 4" front speakers, sony explode cd player, rocker panel guards, custom SS red brake lines.
fastone110 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.