I need some advice! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I need some advice!

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
dmack3501
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I need some advice!

Okay.....this is what I would like to do:

I have a 1988 Sahara that I have down to the frame & ready to put back together. It had the factory 4.2 with a TF999 3 speed auto transmission, NP 231 transfer case and about 130,000 miles.

Before I took it apart, it was having carb & head gasket issues and hesitated shifting from park to drive.

I also have a totaled 1996 Cherokee XJ with the 4.0 HO and AW4 auto transmission, but it is only a 2WD, and a 1994 YJ with the 2.5 and a 5 speed manual.....both run great with comperable miles.

I was hoping to use the newer 4.0 and AW4 transmission, but I don't think they will jive with my 231 transfer case.

In the end, I just want a reliable daily driver that will also push a little snow in the winter.

Any advice on how I should combine all of this stuff or any part I should stay away from would be very helpful!!!!!

Thanks!

DMACK

Last edited by dmack3501; 11-15-2010 at 05:51 PM..
dmack3501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'd use the 4.0 with the NP321, I think the NP231 that comes with the 2.5 will have to be adapted to work with the 4.0 and it's tranny though.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee , sahara , wrangler , xj , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.