I need pics of thumb throttle mounting on a Carter carb - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-01-2011, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
1987 YJ Wrangler 
I need pics of thumb throttle mounting on a Carter carb

Ok so I bought my Teraflex hand throttle today but cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount the cable to any of the linkages on my Carter Carb. Need some help here guys! Thanks a bunch!

Robert Jordan
GenRight Off Road
Cell: (714) 878-0234
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 07-02-2011, 01:00 AM
1989 YJ Wrangler 
Not sure if the 87 has it but on my 89 linkage there is another mounting tab for cruise control underneath the accelerator tab that could be used for hand throttle.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-02-2011, 07:21 PM
1990 YJ Wrangler 
So here's how I connected mine (home brew). I don't have the Carter anymore, but it's connected to stock bracketry....

This stock bracket has a square hole right here, I welded a tab over it and tapped it to fit a bicycle adjuster fitting to hold the cable and a hose clamp to the heater hose to keep the cable in place.

Then I just ran the loose end down and connected it to the little arm at the bottom of the plate on the inside that has a hole in it. You can see in this pic there's a similar arm on the outside.

Not the most high tech way, but it was easy and it works.

I used a bike brake lever inside...

Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.