I need pics of thumb throttle mounting on a Carter carb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I need pics of thumb throttle mounting on a Carter carb

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
RobertJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I need pics of thumb throttle mounting on a Carter carb

Ok so I bought my Teraflex hand throttle today but cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount the cable to any of the linkages on my Carter Carb. Need some help here guys! Thanks a bunch!

Cell: (714) 878-0234
RobertJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
89yjsahara258
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure if the 87 has it but on my 89 linkage there is another mounting tab for cruise control underneath the accelerator tab that could be used for hand throttle.
89yjsahara258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

So here's how I connected mine (home brew). I don't have the Carter anymore, but it's connected to stock bracketry....

This stock bracket has a square hole right here, I welded a tab over it and tapped it to fit a bicycle adjuster fitting to hold the cable and a hose clamp to the heater hose to keep the cable in place.

Then I just ran the loose end down and connected it to the little arm at the bottom of the plate on the inside that has a hole in it. You can see in this pic there's a similar arm on the outside.

Not the most high tech way, but it was easy and it works.

I used a bike brake lever inside...

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.