I need help with frame repair!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I need help with frame repair!!!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 03-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
rivalarrival
Stormaggedon

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mligeikis View Post
I got emotionally attached to it because its hot pink but I paid $2800 and there is some other rust on the frame in the front...
side view -
semi-front view -
Click-Free

We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart

Any gas can be a knockout gas, when you wrap a steel cylinder around it and beat someone with it.

Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #188
rivalarrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #17
RockCrawlerYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Taking him to court wont do anything. We all know a private party sale is "as is" You should be able to take it to a welder and they will fix it. A "welder" not a 4x4 shop or a dealer. Its just a matter of patching in a few pieces. Hell if you were in Colorado I would do it for $400.00 in an afternoon.
RockCrawlerYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #18
rivalarrival
Stormaggedon

1997 TJ Wrangler 

It can be fixed. If it was mine, I'd fix it, not sell it. But that's bull**** - he took the time to hide the damage, that demonstrates intent to defraud, and he should be held accountable.

Any gas can be a knockout gas, when you wrap a steel cylinder around it and beat someone with it.

Unread 03-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #19
kevin_tall_jeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm as hard headed as anyone but mligeikis, that is a serious repair. You are talking about a cutting a large portion out of the rear section of the frame and hoping that you still had enough material to box it in. If you recently bought from a private party you may want to discuss with them about getting your money back for a fradulant sale and non disclosure of damage which the seller was obviously aware of because they covered it up with duck tape. If you bought it from a dealer you would be purchasing it "AS IS" which mean that you are aware of this damage and you would be screwed. I hate to say it man you are in a bad situation and its not looking good. You really need to do your homework and inspect the car before you buy it. Sorry man
kevin_tall_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #20
mligeikis
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I dont look for revenge when I buy something. This is my mistake and like I said I got emotionally attached. Bad karma will fall upon him. I totally believe in karma 110%. Now its time to make it prettier
mligeikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #21
DDove
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Look: prove it bud!!!!! it would be a total waste of time and money. Your 28 yrs old, the im gonna sue you generation. To the op did you contact him about it? Im not trying to be rude to you but dam man are you for real. You have to inspect stuff before you buy it. Once money is exchanged its over on a private sale unless you have lots of money for legal investigations. This reminds me of the famous McDonalds case. Hmmmm I burned my stupid self with hot coffee, who can I sue
DDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #22
mligeikis
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrawlerYJ View Post
Taking him to court wont do anything. We all know a private party sale is "as is" You should be able to take it to a welder and they will fix it. A "welder" not a 4x4 shop or a dealer. Its just a matter of patching in a few pieces. Hell if you were in Colorado I would do it for $400.00 in an afternoon.
AWWWWW!! Thanks! If I had the money I would fly you out here! Its warmer over here than it is there! Heck if I had the money and a trailer I would drive my happy butt out there I LOVE Colorado!! Its so pretty with snow
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #23
DDove
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You can get it done. X2 on a weld shop not a garage per se. If you love it and its what you want you can make anything happen.. I agree, karma will come back. Good Luck, you will be fine
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #24
DDove
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry to get heated but I cant stand this sue for anything mentality. I drives me nuts. There is a place for lawsuits but this is clearly not one of them. Again good luck
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #25
mligeikis
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I already have to deal with sueing the lady that backed into me while I was taking my son to school. I dont need to deal with this little headache. Hopefully the insurance company might total out my other car and then I will have more money to fix my sexy jeep. My dad just doesnt understand the connection that I have with it. Hes worried that Im gonna take it off roading and muddin. Its my baby, that wont be for a couple years
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #26
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

They sell that piece to>ART-102L - Autorust Driver Side Front Shackle & Steering Mount Section for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec . Well good luck with it. The 2 Jeeps my son's have were carefully checked by me and we knew what we had to do the Jeep (s) after the buy. I myself , would never have bought that to drive. I have the tools to make those repairs but I would never really feel comfortable driving a Jeep with a rusted frame on the road. Not that the repairs would not hold up but how many other thins spots are in the frame. Seriously before you go any further Jack that Jeep up and go over every inch of that frame with a hammer and screwdriver looking for soft spots and weld marks. A seller that duct tapes frame holes is probably hiding other stuff also. Check the skid plate bolts and the skid itself. If you find more rot you may wanna find a new frame. Caviat Emptor is it? Again, Good Luck
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #27
RockCrawlerYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

There a hundreds of very talented people on this forum that do all of their own welding work. Keep posting that you need a welder to fix your frame. Someone will help you out. I know I love helping fellow Jeepers! Good luck.
RockCrawlerYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #28
mligeikis
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerman View Post
They sell that piece to>ART-102L - Autorust Driver Side Front Shackle & Steering Mount Section for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec . Well good luck with it. The 2 Jeeps my son's have were carefully checked by me and we knew what we had to do the Jeep (s) after the buy. I myself , would never have bought that to drive. I have the tools to make those repairs but I would never really feel comfortable driving a Jeep with a rusted frame on the road. Not that the repairs would not hold up but how many other thins spots are in the frame. Seriously before you go any further Jack that Jeep up and go over every inch of that frame with a hammer and screwdriver looking for soft spots and weld marks. A seller that duct tapes frame holes is probably hiding other stuff also. Check the skid plate bolts and the skid itself. If you find more rot you may wanna find a new frame. Caviat Emptor is it? Again, Good Luck
Thanks! My dad is mad at me because I didnt take him to go look at it and he told me the same thing. "I would have said thankyou but no thankyou"
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #29
rivalarrival
Stormaggedon

1997 TJ Wrangler 

don't get me wrong - I'm not sue-happy, the McDonald's case was absolutely ridiculous. What happened here is obvious, and a civil court jury would recognize it just as well as any of us.

This guy recognized that the vehicle had a problem, and instead of being open and honest about it, he concealed it, dumping it on an unsuspecting buyer. You know that's what happened, I know that's what happened. Forget about the lawsuit - this is fraud. It is a crime. You guys are defending criminal activity, and telling the victim not to report it, not to hold the criminal accountable. Are we clear on this?

I've bought vehicles with big problems that the previous owner should have told me about. Whatever - caveat emptor, the problem is now mine. I'm not going to sue the previous owner, even if the damn thing blows up on the first trip. But if he's lying to me, and not just ignoring serious problems but making an effort to hide them from me, I'm going to nail him to the wall, through whatever lawful means I have at my disposal.

Look at it this way: If the engine throws a rod three days after you buy it, is that the previous owner's fault? Probably not. But, if the previous owner hides an actual time bomb in the vehicle, set to go off 30 days after you take possession, and you don't discover it, is it your fault that your car exploded? At that point, is it "caveat emptor"? Of course not. Somewhere between these two cases is where the actual responsibility falls. On one side, we have a PO disguising damage, and on the other side, we have a new owner who did not consider that damage when making the decision to purchase. If she bought it sight unseen, the PO might have a case; if she did look it over, and failed to see the damage because the owner hid it, the PO bears a good portion of the culpability.

Last edited by rivalarrival; 03-07-2010 at 12:12 AM..
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #30
PILL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntachalupa View Post
x2 on talking to a lawyer. There are lemon laws for a reason
Yes, there are lemon laws for a reason. But a lemon law hardly applies.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.