I need heater in my YJ!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I need heater in my YJ!!

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
jeepliker

I need heater in my YJ!!

Well i came to a conclusion that i need heater for my yj cause the winter is coming and im planing to drive it alot. It was somehow taken off when i bought the car. So im asking you guys or whoever knows, what do i need to make this happen? Thanks.

jeepliker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
915kingwrangler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

so they removed the whole assemly, if you have the two hoses, they run together and they are usually next to the battery and valve cover also theyr pretty long, not the radiator hoses still on you might still have the heater core which then you would only need the blower motor, the blower motor goes on the passenger side under the dash, it is an enclosed plastic cover, if you have all this then you have your heater just might be plugged
Unread 11-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
jeepliker

Nope i dont have any. My heater hoses are out and there just 2 holes there. So that is all i need?
Unread 11-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Heater core and the 2 hoses. And to tear the whole dash apart to re-install the new components.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
coleslaw
1987 YJ Wrangler 

My lil heater

I took the entire thing out of mine as it was totally shot when I got it. I put at Mojave heater in and works like a charm.

The switch is on the left (Off, low, med, hi) the black and yellow hose goes up to the windshield vent.
[IMG][/IMG]

Passenger side, you can see the hoses. The whole thing is mounted over the tranny well behind the shifter. Give the passanger a lot of leg room. It puts out a lot of heat and volume -140 cfm.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][I]A country that tries to spend itself to prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself by the handles.[/I][/COLOR]

[I]Winston Churchill[/I]

87 YJ I6, nuttered and rushed, 2.5" lift, 31x10.5, custom made f&r bumpers, Mojave heater, TJ flares, Superwinch S9000, hm swingout tire carrier, tool drawer, custom electical control, and more in the works...........
coleslaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Heater core and the 2 hoses. And to tear the whole dash apart to re-install the new components.
Uhh, no. The whole thing can be removed/installed without touching the dash.
444 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It's part of the dash... gotta remove pieces still

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #8

The whole heater box unbolts from the firewall and drops out from under the dash. Unlike a lot of other vehicles I've worked on where you literally have to remove the entire dashboard from the vehicle to get access to the heater box!
444 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
jeepliker

Anybody know how much the blower motor runs for since thats all i need and just two hose?
Unread 11-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #10
94chb
1989 YJ Wrangler 

i have a parts wrangler and can sell you anything you need but the heater core, you can buy it from the local part store for around 35$ but i have the whole blower and everything. Take pics and post what you do have and we can help ya out.

and if anyone needs a factory a/c unit that goes under the dash let me know, i have one also.
94chb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2011, 05:50 AM   #11
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Look and see if by chance they left the defroster tube. It will be above the trans hump by the firewall sorta of an oval shaped end, If so then you could get a stock heater box to work. If not then you have a lot more work like taking the dash apart. If that is still there then you do not have to remove the dash to install a stock heater box.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.