I made a _____ for my YJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my YJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #61
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrnglr92
Where are you going to weld the tabes on the front or back? No room on the sides.

Have to look into the side boxes as speaker boxes as I have weather proof speakers I am using so not sure how going to work that.
Front. I have auto trans so I have some extra room there.

jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2007, 02:37 PM   #62
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty
Front. I have auto trans so I have some extra room there.
I have the auto too. If I do th tray like you did then I would weld something to the tray and mouunt there may be. Not to the actual box.

Wheels are gringing.. gotta get some oil for that
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #63
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrnglr92
I have the auto too. If I do th tray like you did then I would weld something to the tray and mouunt there may be. Not to the actual box.

Wheels are gringing.. gotta get some oil for that
Here is the cup holder I found. Adjustable too. I think the brand is Spill Master

I guess I could just bolt tabs to the mounting bracket.
hpim0326_small.jpg  
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 12:03 AM   #64
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty
Here is the cup holder I found. Adjustable too. I think the brand is Spill Master

I guess I could just bolt tabs to the mounting bracket.

Whats the hose underneath your ammo box for? Is it to keep it from rattling? Or does it come from your exhaust?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 05:31 AM   #65
YJ-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B
Whats the hose underneath your ammo box for? Is it to keep it from rattling? Or does it come from your exhaust?
Breather hose for the tranny or xfer case possibly?

2006 TJ X (Stock - w/ Borla Cat-Back Exhaust)

Built a YJ from the ground up:

- '04 4.0L (4,000 miles), NV3550 (0 miles), NP231 w/ HD SYE (9,000 miles), 33x12.50x15 Pro-Comp AT's, HP D30/8.8 (4.56 gears), ARB Lockers front and rear w/ compressor, hard/soft tops, full/half doors.
-----> Build thread can be read here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/yj-build-plan-259306/
YJ-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 07:24 AM   #66
japes
1989 YJ Wrangler 

earlier he said he used the hose to keep the box from rattling...so it's just a pad.

You probably wouldn't want something breathing in the cab anyway.
(EDIT: Except for the passengers of course)
japes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #67
GreatWhiteYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thought i'd add a couple things for those without welders and torches and tube benders. i flat fendered my jeep and made rocker guards, only tools you'll really need are a drill, grinder, sawzall, and a socket set.
fenders are just cut, the rockers are the stock front bumper cut down the long way and bolted in, a good way to save $250 for important protection.

GreatWhiteYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #68
tank29
Yeah, It's A Jeep Thing!!

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteYJ
thought i'd add a couple things for those without welders and torches and tube benders. i flat fendered my jeep and made rocker guards, only tools you'll really need are a drill, grinder, sawzall, and a socket set.
fenders are just cut, the rockers are the stock front bumper cut down the long way and bolted in, a good way to save $250 for important protection.

There is something missing in pics 1, 4, 5, & 6. I am not sure what it is, there is something missing!!!!!

TeraFlex 3" Kit with 4 Arm Flex Kit, TeraFlex HD F & R Adj. Track Bar, Rock Krawler Spring Levelers, Yukon 5.13 Gears, Black Rock Soft 8 Steel Wheels 16x8 (4.25" BS), Cooper Discoverer STT 315/75/16, XRC Rear Bumper w/Tire Swing, Rugged Ridge Front w/Stinger, AEV Snorkel, Cobra 75, KC 130W Slim Lights w/Windshield Mounts, Xenon Flat Fender Flares
tank29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #69
Exparrot
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank29
There is something missing in pics 1, 4, 5, & 6. I am not sure what it is, there is something missing!!!!!
It's the fender flare. I looked at it too. Twice.

Great White, how'd you decide how much to chop off the back edge of the flare? I'm looking to do the same thing, but I wanted to see how someone else did it first.
LO Jeep Club #111 [and not proud of it]
Red Jeep Club #MC399
Exparrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #70
YJ-Mike

No,

What is missing in 1,4,5 & 6 are the bottles of Bud that are present in photo's 2 & 3.

2006 TJ X (Stock - w/ Borla Cat-Back Exhaust)

Built a YJ from the ground up:

- '04 4.0L (4,000 miles), NV3550 (0 miles), NP231 w/ HD SYE (9,000 miles), 33x12.50x15 Pro-Comp AT's, HP D30/8.8 (4.56 gears), ARB Lockers front and rear w/ compressor, hard/soft tops, full/half doors.
-----> Build thread can be read here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259306
YJ-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #71
tank29
Yeah, It's A Jeep Thing!!

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ-Mike
No,

What is missing in 1,4,5 & 6 are the bottles of Bud that are present in photo's 2 & 3.

That's it!!!!!

I knew there was something missing. I was never really good at "which one of these is different" games. There was always too many options!!!!

TeraFlex 3" Kit with 4 Arm Flex Kit, TeraFlex HD F & R Adj. Track Bar, Rock Krawler Spring Levelers, Yukon 5.13 Gears, Black Rock Soft 8 Steel Wheels 16x8 (4.25" BS), Cooper Discoverer STT 315/75/16, XRC Rear Bumper w/Tire Swing, Rugged Ridge Front w/Stinger, AEV Snorkel, Cobra 75, KC 130W Slim Lights w/Windshield Mounts, Xenon Flat Fender Flares
tank29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #72
Exparrot
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank29
That's it!!!!!

I knew there was something missing. I was never really good at "which one of these is different" games. There was always too many options!!!!
Dammit. I was actually looking at the Jeep. That'll teach me for next time!
LO Jeep Club #111 [and not proud of it]
Red Jeep Club #MC399
Exparrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #73
GreatWhiteYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

well i did the rockers in the morning, so i hadn't started drinkin yet =[. but here's a picture to set things right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exparrot
Great White, how'd you decide how much to chop off the back edge of the flare? I'm looking to do the same thing, but I wanted to see how someone else did it first.
i am assuming you mean the back bottom of the front fender flares. i'm actually not done yet with what i want to do, mostly because i wanna find the right glue to us eto hold the bottom of the flare to the tub. in this picture below you can see three of the bolts that hold the flare to the tub, i'm gonna make my flares into a point at the end, but i'll be cutting off those visible bolts an dthat extra inner flare, i'll take pictures of it soon when i do it if i find a good glue/cement/silicone/something.

mind you, cutting that crap bottom part of the flare off is a bit mor epain in the *** then it looks, there are 2 rediculous metal brackets that i grinded off, which was a bit of a pain, and i sliced into my tub a bit, but some cleaning, rust removing, and painting made it look nice again, here's the metal bracket things i mean.

GreatWhiteYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #74
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteYJ
What's that think under there that consists of 3 zip ties?

Support Search and Rescue
Get Lost
flame0086 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #75
91yjwrangler6
1991 YJ Wrangler 

if you need some good glue just call up bushwacker and tell them that you have a set of their flares and they fell off and you need some more of the glue. they'll send you like 4 tubes of it. And its FREE
91 yj, 4.0, AX15, SOA, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 2.5 inch springs front, m.o.r.e shackle reversal, m.o.r.e shock hoops, 3 inch springs in rear, bilstein 5150's, shock bar, m.o.r.e traction bar, lockers, m.o.r.e high steer, SYE, old school bronco cv shaft, tube fenders, 36 inch tsl's
91yjwrangler6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
diy jeep mods , do it yourself , homemade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.