I learned that you DO need your front trackbar! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I learned that you DO need your front trackbar!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #46
grenMEG
1994 YJ Wrangler 

3 pages WOW

So why did it take three pages to explain that a trac bar on a leaf sprung vehicle, that is not going to be towing, nor if used properly will not be taking any highspeed manuevers. Deliver almost the same amount of on-road performance has if it had one. Though has its benefits of more articulation in OH situations.
If you take your trac bar off it will not allow you front axle to move side to side, it is probably your shackles or your leaf spring center pins.

Also about the telescoping trac-bar. I know it looks like a good idea and i have no exp. on the product, but couldn't you just make a Quick disconnect system for the trac bar instead of throwing down...?$150? Would a long travel shock work? maybe an adjustable one? i was thinking about ways to create less wheel up in my rear since it is so light! (29's, 4 in. lft, and no trac bar) So i was thinking about a long travel shock but i just don't how well it would really stand up, ya know!!?
That and since i am ripping that crap axle out and putting in a new one with 35 in rubbers on it, and relocating the shocks, i think i will test before making another project.

grenMEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #47
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91yjwrangler6
Anybody got a Ford Super duty? Look under the front end, you WILL see a track bar.
Ever seen a 95 dodge cummins rear end? its got sway bars.

and a **** load more torque than your jeep will ever need.

Support Search and Rescue
Get Lost
flame0086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #48
Ryno98

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenMEG
couldn't you just make a Quick disconnect system for the trac bar instead of throwing down...?$150?

The problem with a disconnect or long shock is the whole thing about keeping the drag link and track bar in parallel to eliminate bump steer. The stock track bar is a fixed-length bar; therefore if you have a lifted jeep you have to use track-bar relocator brackets to keep things in line which still only gets "close" to parallel. Good luck with that especially if you have a custom or frankenstein lift. Since the telescoping track bar can lengthen or shorten and be tightened at any position, it can be exactly parallel with the drag link at almost any lift height below 6" or so. I had ridiculous scary bump steer at high speeds with no track bar, problem solved with very little headache or install time after the telescoping bar.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.