I have a 2.5 inch sus lift. could i do 2 inch body? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I have a 2.5 inch sus lift. could i do 2 inch body?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
FFDBoutlaw
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2.5 inch sus lift. could i do 2 inch body?

I am looking into putting on a 2 inch body lift for my 95 yj. I currntly have a 2.5 inch rough country suspension lift.

Will the lift i already installed, have any effect on the body lift fitting? Will anything hang me up, or will i have to extend anything that you would not normally need to extend when just installing a body lift?

any input would be apreciated. although I have already made up my mind to get a body lift.

Unread 04-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think you will be fine.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFDBoutlaw View Post
I am looking into putting on a 2 inch body lift for my 95 yj. I currntly have a 2.5 inch rough country suspension lift.

Will the lift i already installed, have any effect on the body lift fitting? Will anything hang me up, or will i have to extend anything that you would not normally need to extend when just installing a body lift?

any input would be apreciated. although I have already made up my mind to get a body lift.
Why 2 inch? Why not 1 inch? What are you trying to accomplish?
You may have t trim a little off your floor for the shifter and t-case selector to clear. You will also have to drop your fan shroud, and possibly modify your brake lines where they mount on the front fenders.
A 2 inch is really going to show your frame and also make you a bit more top heavy.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Obviously hes trying to clear his 33s. Nothing wrong with a 2" BL. Doesnt show the frame that bad and any difference in top heavy is probably compensated by the larger tires and wider stance.

Quote:
Any video of the sound?
Unread 04-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
FFDBoutlaw
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am actually trying to make more space for my tires .when i take it wheelin it rubs. My dad has a body lift on his jeep I dont think it looks to bad. but i know its the big debate. Most people will say not even to get one. I just need the clearance.
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am actually trying to make more space for my tires .when i take it wheelin it rubs. My dad has a body lift on his jeep I dont think it looks to bad. but i know its the big debate. Most people will say not even to get one. I just need the clearance.
Ive run a 2" body lift through years of hard wheeling. Its all aesthetics. If your cool with the look, go for it.

Quote:
Any video of the sound?
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJeeper View Post
Obviously hes trying to clear his 33s. Nothing wrong with a 2" BL. Doesnt show the frame that bad and any difference in top heavy is probably compensated by the larger tires and wider stance.
Quote:
I'm running a 2.5 inch suspension lift with a 1 inch body lift, rolling on 33X12.50/16's with absolutely no rub even at full flex full turn.
I have stock Rubicon wheels and TJ flares. I think the offset of the wheels is 5 inches. I don't have track bars or a sway bar connected either.
It's just me, I don't like the look of exposed frame even on mine, and I'm trying to keep the CG as low as possible.

Here's a pic of mine...
I am about eye level with the lower door hinges with the camera. See how the frame is exposed even with one inch?
It's all about aesthetics and CG for me.
more-jeep-pics-005-medium-.jpg  
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Looks nice Rik, the TJ flares give you the extra clearance you need. If he doesnt cut, he'll need the full 2" of the BL though.

OP your jeep profile says you have a 4" RC lift. Has it sagged?

Quote:
Any video of the sound?
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
FFDBoutlaw
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am still undecided between the 2 inch and one inch. And ya for now I will have the stock fender flares. Im just tired of hearing the rub, even when turning on some pavement. I would rather just get a bigger suspension lift and not see the frame but unfortanalty I dont have that much money. I might just have to deal with the look of a body lift....
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Where are you rubbing when on the road?

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #12
LST022752
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am still undecided between the 2 inch and one inch. And ya for now I will have the stock fender flares. Im just tired of hearing the rub, even when turning on some pavement. I would rather just get a bigger suspension lift and not see the frame but unfortanalty I dont have that much money. I might just have to deal with the look of a body lift....
You could get some 1/2-1 inch lift shackles. If thats not enough then you could always get a 1 inch body lift.
Low Output 4-cylinder Club member #177
R.I.P -1995 YJ-
LST022752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #13
FFDBoutlaw
2007 JK Wrangler 

I dont know. My tires stick out a couple inches past my flares so when i turn hard and on an angle they rub. How hard are lift shakels to install?
Unread 04-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #14
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I dont know. My tires stick out a couple inches past my flares so when i turn hard and on an angle they rub. How hard are lift shakels to install?
shackles wont help, you either need a diff offset rim, or adjust your turn stoppers...Imne rubswhen I turn hard right I need to unscrew my stoppers a bit on that side...

I run 33x12.5x15....the chromes in the pic are 4" backspacing those DONT rub....my black steelies are only 3.75 backspacing..THEY RUB

This is me with 2.5 OME springs 5/8 shackles and a 3" body lift, the 3 is a bit much, It is going soon hopefull for a SOA still trying to round up all the parts b4 I start it, anyhow, you will have to extend your steering and prolly cut a small piece out of hte back of the floorboard by the shifter if you have a manual or you get no reverse

This is full flexed, no bumbstops, no track and no sways.....

should looks something like that depending on springs and the like.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #15
FFDBoutlaw
2007 JK Wrangler 

well i know what i am doin this weeknd.... goodbuy sway and track bars! (my bump stops are already gone). I read up a lot on taking those off and the consensus seems to take them off.

o by the way. i ordered the 2 inch body lift today!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.