I got those low-down soft top won't fit blues - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I got those low-down soft top won't fit blues

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #16
TheRobster
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BondoBbad View Post
I had my wife sitting in the Jeep with a hair dryer while I was out side straddling tires and side steps with a couple pair of big vice grips putting all of my nd I weight on it.
I think you have the wrong top. I have a pavement ends top and it goes on easy, even after being off all last summer when the weather started to cool off, it tool me maybe an hour to get it put back on.

That said I won't buy another Pavement Ends top. The plastic windows is too thin, and over all it just lacks quality. I am going to put up with mine for another year and then get a new Bestop.

http://jeepyjwrangler.blogspot.com/
TheRobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #17
BondoBbad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I appreciate all of the suggestions and comments. I gave up on the top, it's still in the woods where I threw it in a fit of jeep induced rage lol. I'm sure its the right top and all of the hardware is correct. and I did measure my windshield and adjusted it even though it was not really needed. It just won't fit my Jeep and I have no Idea why. BUT, I just received my tax return a little sooner than I had expected so now I have a brand new bestop super top kit in the mail! Along with a new set of 33" BFG KM2's, updated JK style side mirrors, a tuffy stereo security center console, synthetic winch line, lock right lunch box locker for the front and a front pinion seal to replace to the old leaky one.

Can't wait, its going to be like Jeep christmas in a few days
BondoBbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #18
CrushJeep

have you considered reposting that top on craigslist??? haha I feel your pain though. I am having issues with my first jeep that i bought off a guy who kept telling me how he was running late for church and his daddy was a preacher. Should have known i was about to get screwed with lines like that but i took it hook line and sinker. wish you the best. Try snapping it first then putting the rail slides in.
CrushJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #19
BondoBbad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushJeep View Post
have you considered reposting that top on craigslist??? haha I feel your pain though. I am having issues with my first jeep that i bought off a guy who kept telling me how he was running late for church and his daddy was a preacher. Should have known i was about to get screwed with lines like that but i took it hook line and sinker. wish you the best. Try snapping it first then putting the rail slides in.
Yeah, that's what I'll probably what I'll end up doing with it. If I can at least get what I paid then I won't feel too bad about it.
BondoBbad is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.