I finally ordered my Old Man Emu kit! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I finally ordered my Old Man Emu kit!

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #91
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshinefuel View Post
Congrats! You won't need the cv/sye kit for the 2.5 lift. I even put a 5/8ths shackle lift with the 2.5 suspension lift. Sure it would be good to have, but you don't need it. NO worries! The rear leafs are shimmed, so it will angle up some, use the t-case drop, and if you really need to, the motor mount lift, but I don't think that will be necessary. One reason why some people experience vibes is because the driveshaft needle bearings do tend to wear a certain way when driven at that angle for a long period of time, and in worse case you can just replace a u joint or motor mount lift. But your angles should be fine. Installing a t-case lowering kit and the shims will get you right where you want to be. No Worries! It is an excellent riding suspension, better than stock ride, excellent articulation, and it will boost your rig up min. 2.5 inches higher than stock. (my driveshaft has 274,000 miles on it original, and I did not experience any vibes at all after install. It is perfect. (just when time and money allows, later on down the road, go ahead and get the sye kit if you want)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar4130 View Post
Check out the part #'s on your springs and see which ones they sent you.
Here is the ARB application guide for their YJ products, including their Old Man Emu Springs.
http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/ac...WranglerYJ.pdf
good to know, thanks!

hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #92
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchav74 View Post
What is the difference of a front or rear spring? Are they interchangable? I have a hard top and tire carrier, so figured heavy duty might be better in the back.
no difference, I have a spare set of 14 out back of my house, I am now SOA and the 14 wont hold that, I changed for the 36R, 5 pack and run those front and rears and wuold recommend to ANYONE do the same, I ran 14 on the front for years and the flex was MAD, I never nor do I now have a winch, but soon as I wnet SOA the 14 started to sag... so I ordered 2 new 36R for the front and problem solved....

just get the 36 and be done, the ride is STILL uber nice

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.